Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat GUI for RHEL5 on low memory system Post 302866783 by blackrageous on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 05:05:46 PM
Old 10-22-2013
try configuring the system to use mwm (motif window manager, old school).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to access cd's etc from a non GUI Unix system

i need to know how i would go about accessing my floppy disks, cd's and flash drives on my command prompt unix system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

3. AIX

View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System

I have an AIX server with a tape Library residing on it. I intend to restore the data backed up to the tape on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. First , i would want to view the contents of the tape on RHEL 5(x86) but seems to be giving an input output error. I observed that if i backup to tape on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optimum
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System

I have an AIX server with a tape Library residing on it. I intend to restore the data backed up to the tape on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. First , i would want to view the contents of the tape on RHEL 5(x86) but seems to be giving an input output error. I observed that if i backup to tape on... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimum
20 Replies

5. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

6. AIX

Low Virtual memory available

Hi I am running AIX 5.2. My server is running low on memory. It it using about 1307775 file pages on a total of 1511424 (from vmstat -v). I looked at the memory yesterday morning, and we had plenty of free memory. I did a backup from Windows (ftp mget command) of a large file selection. From... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredrivard
5 Replies

7. Programming

System calls and C language low-level qualities???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I queried in my previous thread about the low-level qualities of C/C++ languages.I really thank you people for explaining, it was really helpful. One more ambiquity that I have in my mind is regarding the unix system calls like open, creat,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
gnome-wm(1)							   User Commands						       gnome-wm(1)

NAME
gnome-wm - launch the GNOME window manager SYNOPSIS
gnome-wm [--default-wm wm] [--sm-client-id id] DESCRIPTION
gnome-wm is a shell script which launches the GNOME window manager, metacity. The user may specify that another window manager should be launched, either by using the --default-wm option or by setting the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --default-wm wm Launch the window manager wm. --sm-client-id id Specify the session management ID with which the window manager should be launched. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the dtwm window manager using --default-wm example% gnome-wm --default-wm dtwm Example 2: Launching the dtwm window manager using WINDOW_MANAGER example% WINDOW_MANAGER=dtwm gnome-wm ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gnome-wm: NLSPATH. WINDOW_MANAGER Used to override the configured window manager to use. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-wm Executable for GNOME window manager ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
metacity(1), gnome-session(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.11 9 Jan 2003 gnome-wm(1)