Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function prototype declaration Post 302866491 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 05:36:52 AM
Old 10-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasankar
Hi All,

I have the script as below
Code:
#!bin/bash
let k=9
if [ $k -eq 9 ]
then
echo "Start"
Hello
echo "End"
else
echo "failed"
fi
function Hello() {
echo "hello !!!!"
}

I got the below error :
Start
Testtt.sh: line 6: Hello: command not found
End

Could any one help me how can I define the function after the main process. If I put the function definition before the main process it would work but I need the program structure as it is. If you could help to delcare any prototype to intimate the shell the I am going to use the function in later part of the program (as we declare prototype in C++).

Thanks in advance!!!

Function should be defined before calling. as you might aware commands are executed sequentially.

modify like this

Code:
#!bin/bash

function Hello(){
        echo "hello "
            }

let k=9
if [ $k -eq 9 ]
then
    echo "Start"
    Hello
    echo "End"
else
    echo "failed"
fi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris pkgmk -> prototype errors...

I'm attempting to create another package (i.e. for utilizing pkgadd/pkgrm/pkgchk/etc.) But after creating the prototype file, I noticed that some of my files begin with the '=' character. How do I get pkgmk to interpret the "/path/=file" as a single file, rather than interpreting it as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mslightn
7 Replies

2. Programming

gcc warnings: implicit declaration of function...

I am having strange warnings from gcc compiler, which I don't think should come while cmpiling. Can anyone help? The warnings are: - warning: implicit declaration of function 'bzero' - warning: implicit declaration of function 'inet_addr' The code is as below: int main(int argc, char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgmk....question on prototype file

I've read the man page, but still unclear a bit.... I'm making some packages of files. My pkginfo file has a line BASEDIR=/base/path. I also have several prototype files (depending on the package), that either list the destination path as absolute: f non /abs/path/to/go/here/file1 or are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
0 Replies

4. Programming

implicit declaration of function 'reboot'

Hi, I'm tying to use the following function to reboot the system as part of my code #include <unistd.h> #include <linux/reboot.h> int restart(unsigned int delay) { sleep(delay); return reboot(LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_RESTART); } When I try to compile the code I get the warning in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galapogos
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difficult problem with function declaration

Hello, I have a problem with the declaration of a function. This is how I declare the function : c:63: void foo(threadpool *tp,void (*func)(void*), (void*)arg); Inside main, I call it like this: main(){ .......... threadpool y; c:104: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garag11
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

My Charts in the Prototype Vue.js UserCP

Yea.... something I thought would take me an hour ended up taking most of the day. Well, it's not like those YT video tutorials where it take a week or more to make a video and the guys (gals) make it look so easy. But having said that, I'm happy to share with forum members the first "My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)