Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to expert Shell Programming ? Post 302866301 by Corona688 on Monday 21st of October 2013 05:40:37 PM
Old 10-21-2013
Think of a project and make it. Maybe try and make a game of some sort. Test out your theoretical knowledge and see if it can solve a real problem.

I can't give you a step-by-step process because it isn't one.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

I want notes for learning Shell programming (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neha Agarwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Provides a menu structure that allows a user to select several options - input a name and address, lookup a name and address, delete a name and address, and print a formatted report from a text database (note: this requirement assumes that you will use the program to create a database, though in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DonOmar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

Hi iam new to shell programming. I would like to ask one dought abt the file handling in unix. Iam having a file1 as follows: ASDERFCX1234567890123456 POIUYTRE0098765432123456 BVCXCVBN0955644411111111 File2 ASDERFCX1234567890123456 kill@abc.com ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Files to be merged. File1(1.txt) ----------- 1|2|Y 2|5|N File2(2.txt) ----------- 1|abc 2|xyz 3|pqr My Code: --------- nawk ' BEGIN { FS=OFS="|" } NR==FNR { (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Hi, I am using two files - one file contains list of service name , other file contains commands for each of these service name . I have to read each service name and check this string in 1.cfg file , if it exists , then i have to read another file (commands file ) and take the string and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Manual::Architecture(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Test::BDD::Cucumber::Manual::Architecture(3pm)

NAME
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Manual::Architecture - Structural Overview VERSION
version 0.11 INTRODUCTION
This short document exists to give you an idea how the different components of this distribution fit together. MODELS
The core of a Cucumber-based test suite are the feature files and the step definitions files. By convention, these are saved under "/features/" and "/features/step_definitions/" respectively. The feature files are encapsulated by the classes in "Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model". one to one TBCM::Feature<----------------->TBCM::Document | | +-------------------+ | | has many | has a | has many V | V TBCM::Scenario +----->TBCM::Line | ^ ^ +----------------------------+ | | has many | V | TBCM::Step---------------------------+ EXECUTOR
We build up a Test::BDD::Executor object, in to which we load the step definitions. We then pass this in a Test::BDD::Model::Feature object, along with a Test::BDD::Model::Harness object, which controls interaction with the outside world. AUTHOR
Peter Sergeant "pete@clueball.com" LICENSE
Copyright 2011, Peter Sergeant; Licensed under the same terms as Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-20 Test::BDD::Cucumber::Manual::Architecture(3pm)