Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C3t0d0 <drive type unknown>
Operating Systems Solaris C3t0d0 <drive type unknown> Post 302866197 by hicksd8 on Monday 21st of October 2013 01:11:57 PM
Old 10-21-2013
You say that the members of your RAID are all functioning so the question is whether there is data on this drive that you need to recover, or whether there is no data on this drive of value and you just want to get it working.

If you just want to get the drive recognised (assuming that it's not faulty) then remember that you can use the format command in expert mode to put much more ammunition at your disposal.

Code:
format -e

You can then select this drive, write a Sun label to it and do other stuff to make it compatible with the system. Of course, beware, that if you do that, all chances of recovering data on that spindle will be gone!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

type of tape drive

Hello Expert, I'm new from unix I just want to ask how to check what particullar tape drive installed on my SUN Ultra 450. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unknown File Type error

Greetings there, i was trying to install an eclipse plugin on sunOS 4.x for the solaris sparc platform, and i got the following error: /usr/project/RAServer/bin> ./RAStart.sh Starting Agent Controller ld.so.1: RAServer: fatal: /usr/project/RAServer/lib/libxerces-c.so.24: unknown file type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitsz
3 Replies

4. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

<drive type unknown> when format command run

Hi, we are running solaris 9 on V280R. Due to power failure, one disk's label and lost its details like drive type etc. Disk details: <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424> single partition on slice 6 with UFS. The below i see when i run "format" command ..... ..... 4.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to copy all files of a said type on my external hard drive

My code is this, what I'm trying to accomplish is to make a list of all pdf documents in my computer and then copy all of those documents to my external hard drive in a directory mkdir /Volumes/Hardrive-1/allpdf echo "File Locations" > /Volumes/Hardrive-1/allpdf/FileLocations.txt mdfind pdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darpness
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)