Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface showing wrong configuratoin Post 302865787 by aliyesami on Saturday 19th of October 2013 06:45:14 PM
Old 10-19-2013
Network interface showing wrong configuratoin

on both of my T2000 I am seeing same values of 100Mbps for e1000g0 ethernet port.
i know all four ethernet ports on T2000 are gigabit ports so why is my first link showing as 100Mbps and how can i correct it?

Code:
# dladm show-dev

e1000g0         link: up        speed: 100   Mbps       duplex: full

e1000g1         link: up        speed: 1000  Mbps       duplex: full

e1000g2         link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex: half

e1000g3         link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex: half

thanks

p.s: cross posted on OTN discussion forum

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 10-20-2013 at 03:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

word count showing wrong number of lines

Hi , I am using SUN OS Version 5.6. I have a file that contains records of length 270. when I do 'set nu' in vi editor, I get the count as 86. whereas when I do "wc -l" on the command prompt, it shows the count as only 85. this is very strange. why would the 'wc' show 1 record less. The job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tselvanin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Not showing n/w interface name in Solaris with ifconfig -a

hi frineds in sunfire 6800 server for one domain when ever i am giving ifconfig -a interface names like hme0,hme1.......are not showing.Actually in the server hme0,hme1,qfe are showing .when i was tried with the cat /etc/path_to_intstshowing tphysical interfcace names . after giving the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command showing wrong output in Linux

Hi All I am trying to run a script in linux wherein i have a command like this grep ^prmAttunityUser= djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp is a temporary file in which the user value is stored but this command in the script returns me balnk value whereas it has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Traffic routing through wrong interface

Solaris-9 server is having one primary IP 10.41.161.14 on qfe0 and 10.41.116.0 on qfe3:1. Traffic is going through virtual interface instead of physical interface. How should I force traffic to go with primary interface. root@smtsrvn01:/# netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4 Destination ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Interface e1000g0 not showing in running state

Hello all, I have a sun server SunOS PNR1RAD01 5.10 Generic_144488-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T5220 where i have an interface e100g0. This was earlier in running state but now this doesnt show running state. I tried to reset the interface, checked the cable but it did not help. Can nyone pls... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjat2
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
BRCTL(8)																  BRCTL(8)

NAME
brctl - ethernet bridge administration SYNOPSIS
brctl [command] DESCRIPTION
brctl is used to set up, maintain, and inspect the ethernet bridge configuration in the linux kernel. An ethernet bridge is a device commonly used to connect different networks of ethernets together, so that these ethernets will appear as one ethernet to the participants. Each of the ethernets being connected corresponds to one physical interface in the bridge. These individual ethernets are bundled into one bigger ('logical') ethernet, this bigger ethernet corresponds to the bridge network interface. INSTANCES
The command brctl addbr <name> creates a new instance of the ethernet bridge. The network interface corresponding to the bridge will be called <name>. The command brctl delbr <name> deletes the instance <name> of the ethernet bridge. The network interface corresponding to the bridge must be down before it can be deleted! The command brctl show shows all current instances of the ethernet bridge. PORTS
Each bridge has a number of ports attached to it. Network traffic coming in on any of these ports will be forwarded to the other ports transparently, so that the bridge is invisible to the rest of the network (i.e. it will not show up in traceroute(8) ). The command brctl addif <brname> <ifname> will make the interface <ifname> a port of the bridge <brname>. This means that all frames received on <ifname> will be processed as if destined for the bridge. Also, when sending frames on <brname>, <ifname> will be considered as a potential output interface. The command brctl delif <brname> <ifname> will detach the interface <ifname> from the bridge <brname>. The command brctl show <brname> will show some information on the bridge and its attached ports. AGEING
The bridge keeps track of ethernet addresses seen on each port. When it needs to forward a frame, and it happens to know on which port the destination ethernet address (specified in the frame) is located, it can 'cheat' by forwarding the frame to that port only, thus saving a lot of redundant copies and transmits. However, the ethernet address location data is not static data. Machines can move to other ports, network cards can be replaced (which changes the machine's ethernet address), etc. brctl showmacs <brname> shows a list of learned MAC addresses for this bridge. brctl setageing <brname> <time> sets the ethernet (MAC) address ageing time, in seconds. After <time> seconds of not having seen a frame coming from a certain address, the bridge will time out (delete) that address from the Forwarding DataBase (fdb). brctl setgcint <brname> <time> sets the garbage collection interval for the bridge <brname> to <time> seconds. This means that the bridge will check the forwarding database for timed out entries every <time> seconds. SPANNING TREE PROTOCOL
Multiple ethernet bridges can work together to create even larger networks of ethernets using the IEEE 802.1d spanning tree protocol. This protocol is used for finding the shortest path between two ethernets, and for eliminating loops from the topology. As this protocol is a standard, linux bridges will interwork properly with other third party bridge products. Bridges communicate with each other by sending and receiving BPDUs (Bridge Protocol Data Units). These BPDUs can be recognised by an ethernet destination address of 01:80:c2:00:00:00. The spanning tree protocol can also be turned off (for those situations where it just doesn't make sense, for example when this linux box is the only bridge on the LAN, or when you know that there are no loops in the topology.) brctl(8) can be used for configuring certain spanning tree protocol parameters. For an explanation of these parameters, see the IEEE 802.1d specification (or send me an email). The default values should be just fine. If you don't know what these parameters mean, you probably won't feel the desire to tweak them. brctl stp <bridge> <state> controls this bridge instance's participation in the spanning tree protocol. If <state> is "on" or "yes" the STP will be turned on, otherwise it will be turned off. When turned off, the bridge will not send or receive BPDUs, and will thus not partici- pate in the spanning tree protocol. If your bridge isn't the only bridge on the LAN, or if there are loops in the LAN's topology, DO NOT turn this option off. If you turn this option off, please know what you are doing. brctl setbridgeprio <bridge> <priority> sets the bridge's priority to <priority>. The priority value is an unsigned 16-bit quantity (a num- ber between 0 and 65535), and has no dimension. Lower priority values are 'better'. The bridge with the lowest priority will be elected 'root bridge'. brctl setfd <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'bridge forward delay' to <time> seconds. brctl sethello <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'bridge hello time' to <time> seconds. brctl setmaxage <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'maximum message age' to <time> seconds. brctl setpathcost <bridge> <port> <cost> sets the port cost of the port <port> to <cost>. This is a dimensionless metric. brctl setportprio <bridge> <port> <priority> sets the port <port>'s priority to <priority>. The priority value is an unsigned 8-bit quan- tity (a number between 0 and 255), and has no dimension. This metric is used in the designated port and root port selection algorithms. NOTES
brctl(8) replaces the older brcfg tool. SEE ALSO
ipchains(8), iptables(8) AUTHOR
Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@gnu.org> November 7, 2001 BRCTL(8)