Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Question about blocking incomming traffic Post 302865739 by RudiC on Saturday 19th of October 2013 02:14:47 PM
Old 10-19-2013
Sure the remote server uses local port 80 to send pages back? I don't think so; it will use the originating port...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incomming EmailAttachments

Hello, I have a requirement to accept incoming email attachements on my server to be saved off and processed into a database. I can find lots of information on sending attachments but nothing about handling incomming attachments. I need to be able to test for an attachment, ensure it's ascii and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grhodes
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

3. Linux

how to configure Linux for incomming connections

I have two computers running red hat, but when i use telnet command in a shell from one to another, it works. but from the other , it does not, it said: refused. i sent the security for incoming connecting, but it still not work . anyone have experience ? thanks vh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new23
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Mac OS X IP traffic shaping question

Not sure if this considered traffic shaping or not, so I'll appreciate the enlightenment... Setup- Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.5.6, Crashplan Pro Backup server. the Mac Pro has 2 E-net ports, en0, en1. Both E-net ports are connected to the same network, different IP's. Problem- We are planning to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbenware
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC card monitoring traffic question

Folks; I have 2 NIC cards on my SUSE Linux server. One of them was reporting receive errors for a while now it's OK, but i'd like to monitor it. Is there any command i can run to tell me the usage in the past or give me a history of traffic and the speed that going on this specific card? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports

Hello All, I am trying find a command that would show me the stats of outgoing traffic on UPD ports on a Solaris 10 box. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out on this. Thank you much!!! Best Regards Sudharma. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

blocking traffic to destination network by port

I am trying to block ALL traffic except when from ports 9100,22,23 to destination network 192.0.0.0 (my WAN): 2 networks 192.0.3.0 with static route to 192.0.0.0 Shouldn't this work?: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
3 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
KA-FORWARDER(8) 					       AFS Command Reference						   KA-FORWARDER(8)

NAME
ka-forwarder - Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to another server SYNOPSIS
ka-forwarder [-p <port>] <server>[/<port>] [...] DESCRIPTION
ka-forwarder listens for requests for an AFS Authentication Server and forwards them to a remove fakeka server. fakeka is a server that answers AFS Authentication Server protocol requests using a regular Kerberos KDC and is provided with some Kerberos 5 implementations. fakeka has to run on the same host as the Kerberos KDC, however, and AFS clients send all native AFS authentication requests to the AFS database servers. If you don't want to run your Kerberos KDCs and your AFS database servers on the same host, run ka-forwarder on the AFS database servers and point it to fakeka running on the Kerberos KDCs. ka-forwarder takes one or more servers to which to forward the requests. The default port on the remote server to which to forward the command is 7004, but a different port can be specified by following the server name with a slash ("/") and the port number. If multiple servers are given, ka-forwarder will send queries to each server in turn in a round-robin fashion. CAUTIONS
Due to the way that ka-forwarder distinguishes from client requests and server responses, any messages from one of the servers to which ka- forwarder is forwarding will be considered a reply rather than a command and will not be forwarded. This means that the servers running fakeka will not be able to use native AFS authentication requests and rely on ka-forwarder to send the requests to the right server. ka-forwarder does not background itself. It should either be run in the background via the shell, or run via the Basic OverSeer Server (see bosserver(8)). OPTIONS
-p <port> By default, ka-forwarder listens to the standard AFS Authentication Server port (7004). To listen to a different port, specify it with the -p option. EXAMPLES
Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to the fakeka servers on kdc1.example.com and kdc2.example.com: % ka-forwarder kdc1.example.com kdc2.example.com & Note the "&" to tell the shell to run this command in the background. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
ka-forwarder only has to listen to port 7004 and therefore does not require any special privileges unless a privileged port is specified with the -p option. SEE ALSO
bosserver(8), fakeka(8), kaserver(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KA-FORWARDER(8)