Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not able to delete log file
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to delete log file Post 302865199 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 17th of October 2013 11:37:41 PM
Old 10-18-2013
Thanks Don for explaining it so well. I will need to go long way to get this change on the program which is writing this file.
Is there something, I can do something from OS side now ?
Is there any other better way from OS side, which I should adopt going forward ? Because this will fill up again and then application guys will come to System Admin again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mass delete a certain string in a .log file

Hey all. I have a file that has roughly 115,000 lines in it. There are a few lines of information that I don't want in it, but I don't want to search through all of the lines to find the ones that I don't want. Is there a way to do a mass delete of the lines that I don't want? Thanks for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalge2
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete blank rows in a log file

Help How to delete all blank rows in log file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file - Delete lines

Hello, I tried to search on the site a way to delete lines on log files but I didn't find what I am looking for... I hope someone will be able to help me. I do not know how to explain this, so I will do my best. I have a log file and I want to delete all second lines. Example : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files from the directory except the ones in the log file

I have a log file with contents like below. Repository: https://someserver:9443/ Workspace: (1000) "test_scripts_ws" Component: (1001) "some_Automated_Scripts" Change sets: (1002) ---$ john "test memory" 17-Sep-2014 02:24 PM Changes: --a--... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file - Delete duplicate line & keep last date

Hello All ! I need your help on this case, I have a csv file with this: ITEM105;ARI FSR;2016-02-01 08:02;243 ITEM101;ARI FSR;2016-02-01 06:02;240 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-01 11:03;320 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-02 05:43;320 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-01 02:03;320 ITEM032;RNO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadim-bzh
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete from another file that matched on log file

I want to write a script using Oscam Cardsharing server this is my test: cat oscam.log | grep "error" sample output: 2018/10/17 16:43:07 5C94A12E p (cccam) cccam(r) test.dyndns.org: login failed, error Once I've found an error, I need to remove its information inside another file : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vzoli1987
5 Replies
SWFSHAPE.SETLEFTFILL(3) 						 1						   SWFSHAPE.SETLEFTFILL(3)

SWFShape::setLeftFill - Sets left rasterizing color

SYNOPSIS
void SWFShape::setLeftFill (SWFGradient $fill) DESCRIPTION
void setLeftFill (int $red, int $green, int $blue, [int $a]) Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. What this nonsense is about is, every edge segment borders at most two fills. When rasterizing the object, it's pretty handy to know what those fills are ahead of time, so the swf format requires these to be specified. swfshape.setleftfill(3) sets the fill on the left side of the edge- that is, on the interior if you're defining the outline of the shape in a counter-clockwise fashion. The fill object is an SWFFill object returned from one of the addFill functions above. This seems to be reversed when you're defining a shape in a morph, though. If your browser crashes, just try setting the fill on the other side. Shortcut for $swfshape->setleftfill($s->addfill($r, $g, $b [, $a]));. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. SEE ALSO
SWFShape.setRightFill(3). PHP Documentation Group SWFSHAPE.SETLEFTFILL(3)