Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ Post 302865127 by busi386 on Thursday 17th of October 2013 05:38:30 PM
Old 10-17-2013
Response: Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

Hi

Where are you with this?

what commands did you use to add the disk in the first place?

Gabriel Smith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

4. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Increase root file system size ...

Hello Admins, I am running a redhat linux 5 on vmware workstation. I need to increase or add some more space to my root (/) partition. I don't have any LVM configured.. Please suggest. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 3.8G 3.1G ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

6. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Increase the file system size

Dear Friends, I would like to increase the size of a file system from 10GB to 15GB. System is runing on HP-UX 11.31. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Procedure to increase file system

Hi, How/what is the procedure to increase file system in linux server ? Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

9. AIX

100% full file system - error when trying to increase

Hi, I came across a situation where I had to increase a filesystem that was 100% full and received this error: /tmp:chfs -a size=+5000M /tmp 0516-634 lquerypv: /tmp directory does not have enough space, delete some files and try again. 0516-788 extendlv: Unable to extend logical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies
getzonepath(1)							   User Commands						    getzonepath(1)

NAME
getzonepath - display root path of the zone corresponding to the specified label SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/getzonepath {sensitivity-label} DESCRIPTION
getzonepath displays the root pathname of the running labeled zone that corresponds to the specified sensitivity label. The returned path- name is relative to the caller's root pathname, and has the specified sensitivity label. If the caller is in the global zone, the returned pathname is not traversable unless the caller's processes have the file_dac_search privi- lege. If the caller is in a labeled zone, the caller's label must dominate the specified label. Access to files under the returned pathname is restricted to read-only operations. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ DIAGNOSTICS
getzonepath exits with one of the following values: 0 Success 1 Usage error 2 Failure; error message is the system error number from getzonerootbylabel(3TSOL) SEE ALSO
getzonerootbylabel(3TSOL), attributes(5) Acquiring a Sensitivity Label in Solaris Trusted Extensions Developer's Guide NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 getzonepath(1)