Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output is not Accurate
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output is not Accurate Post 302864871 by greet_sed on Thursday 17th of October 2013 09:40:04 AM
Old 10-17-2013
It looks good interms of grep & awk. What does "list db directory " ?

Small suggestion,
Code:
list db directory |awk '/alias/ {print "connect to ",$4}'

instead of
Code:
list db directory |grep alias |awk '{print "connect to ",$4}'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculation - Result not accurate if numbe too big

Dear all, Below is my script, totalCount=57006427 totalSummCount=1207590 let percentageSumTmp1=${totalCount}-${totalSummCount} let percentageSumTmp2=${percentageSumTmp1}*100 The expected result for percentageSumTmp2 should be (5579883700), but when I execute the script in unix env i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieving accurate file timestamp

Hi Gurus, The requirement is to collect the timestamp of soft links and collect it in a file in the following pattern: This is the expected output: Pattern: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mi:ss filename Example: 12/26/2008 10:31:09 <Filename>.zip The closest way I could get was this: ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jidsh
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script not showing accurate Time Stamp and Size

Hey guys - I have made this script and for some reason, I dont see time stamp as "Month-Day-YYYY Hours-Mins" - all i see is Month and Day. Also, my file size is approximated. For example, if the size is 19,606KB - the script shows as 20M. Is there a way to see the exact file size? How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

5. Hardware

time accurate simulator

Hi all, Does anybody know how to build a cycle accurate simulator? I've looked at QEMU and SESC simulator, but they are only cycle accurate for the CPU part. I'm looking for a simulator which can estimate the performance including CPU and I/O. For example, when I configure the simulator by SSD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqkk88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem while printing accurate decimal value

Hi, I have a file tp.txt having below data CE2DD,N,5055,16.12.2013,3.114,12195.89,MVR,003388,Web::00000005055,Web Payment and i am using below code to print the values for var_amt_pay in `awk -F',' '{ arr += $6} END {for (i in arr) {print i "," arr } }' tp.txt` do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing files from October 4th is not accurate

Good evening: Need your help please Before deleting older logs from octobre 4th i need to identify which files i have to remove, for instance today is octobre 8ht, i need to remove files from October 4th Because there are many files i can not list because error args too long, so ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)