Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Manipulation - UNIX script Post 302863611 by jakSun8 on Monday 14th of October 2013 10:27:17 PM
Old 10-14-2013
File Manipulation - UNIX script

Hi,
I have a file about 100 lines. Each line is about 2000 characters (each line is fixed length). In middle of each line is following constant value

Code:

Now, I want to go through each line and increment by 1.
So, line 1 will have 586
line 2 will have 587, line 3 will have 588, so on and so forth.

Thanks,
JaK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Novice - File Manipulation

Hi, I am brand new to unix and am hoping someone can start me in the right direction. I want to be able to put the results of a file command such as wc -l filename into a variable which I can then use to test against another variable...i.e. I need to show the nth line of a file, but need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmullane
3 Replies

2. Linux

string manipulation in unix

Hi, I have a question . I have script which gets info from db2 engine. The script is cat sample_substitute.sh CNTR_NM=`db2 -x "select CONTAINER_NAME ,usable_pages from table( SNAPSHOT_CONTAINER('TST103',-1)) as SNAPSHOT_CONTAINER, syscat.tablespaces where tablespace_name = tbspace and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script file manipulation

Please let me know.. How to manipulate the data from two files..? I have two files, file1 has two columns one is variable and second is description. file2 has five columns first column is variable and last one is description..Appreciate the help I need to overwrite the description from file1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX - File/Table/Data manipulation

Hi, I have a table (e.g.): a 1 e 4 5 6 b 2 r 4 4 2 c 5 r 3 7 1 d 9 t 4 4 9 . . What I need to do is to set the values of some values in column 2 to negative values. For example, the values 2 and 9 should become -2 and -9 in the modified file. How should I go about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script text file manipulation.

Hello, I have mysql binary file which logs all the database queries and i to insert all queries log in to database. First i coverted binary file to text file. and start playing with it. Text file contains following queries, some samples are, SET INSERT_ID=1; INSERT INTO test... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult problem: Complex text file manipulation in bash script.

I don't know if this is a big issue or not, but I'm having difficulties. I apoligize for the upcoming essay :o. I'm writing a script, similar to a paint program that edits images, but in the form of ANSI block characters. The program so far is working. I managed to save the image into a file,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
14 Replies

7. AIX

Unix File name manipulation

I need a script that will raname the following file names that beging with 08078* in unix as follows: Rename 08078-08201103-H00044-CA.835 as follows: 08078-110820-H000440CA.835 Bascially it will do this: 1) Keep the first 6 positons. 2) Move the yr from the file name to be the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with file manipulation script

I am a UNIX newbee . I have been doing some reading lately but really need help with an an urgent requirement.After almost two days of googling I end up with 0 luck. Hopefully a guru on here will be able to help me out. Here is my requirement: I have 20 files in a directory with detail records... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeyd
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulation of file data with UNIX

Hello , How all doing today.. I have a little doubt in Unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stream manipulation in UNIX shell scripting

i have a file something like this : start: 01:00:00 01:30:00 02:30:00 05:30:00 end: 01:13:00 02:00:00 02:40:00 05:45:00 and i want (end - start) total run time in below format: run: 00:13:00 00:30:00 00:10:00 00:15:00 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acme
4 Replies
curs_scroll(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    curs_scroll(3)

NAME
curs_scroll, scroll, scrl, wscrl - Scroll a Curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll( WINDOW *win ); int scrl( int n ); int wscrl( WINDOW *win, int n ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: scrl, wscrl, scroll: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen is scrolled at the same time. The scrl and wscrl routines, for positive n, scroll the current or specified window up n lines (line i+n becomes line i); otherwise, these routines scroll the window down n lines. This operation involves moving the lines in the window character-image structure. The routines do not change the current cursor position. For the scroll, scrl, and wscrl functions to work, the scrollok option must be enabled. NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that scrl may be a macro. RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon successful completion. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_outopts(3) Others: standards(5) curs_scroll(3)