Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk Programming references
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Programming references Post 302863111 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 12th of October 2013 10:04:21 AM
Old 10-12-2013
This is an online guide to understanding all the features of awk.

The GNU Awk User's Guide

This is sort of de facto guide to awk.

sed & awk, 2nd Edition-O'Reilly Media
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming

Hi folks, I would like to know the difference between shell programming and awk programming. Actually i have developed a few applications in both but i could not find a better difference other than the syntax differences. For example, the awk programming syntax is complicated. It has "{" and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX References?

Would like to know where or what is available to quickly develope my AIX skills. Training budget limited.. Thanks and have a great day! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmwical
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with awk programming

Hello Friends I want to process only those lines which are not started with a * or " example File name: GRX "RxDataTime, NSysClkEn, Frame","Size","Sleep","TNum","TSet","TWait" *Init Start *Comment Generated from: C:\Documents and Settings 000000,0000,1,0,0,0,0,0,0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk programming

Good morning! guys, help me please I have a file like this one: diamond 5 7.8 77777765 1 7 1234567890 9 3.5 diamond 2 1 1234567890 3 6.8 77777765 0 4 os Solaris it's only example, columns may be more, but in my case only 3 columns so, my question how I can group according to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shizik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming

Good morning to everyone! guys, help me please I have a file like this one: diamond 5 7.8 77777765 1 7 1234567890 9 3.5 diamond 2 1 1234567890 3 6.8 77777765 0 4 os Solaris it's only example, columns may be more, but in my case only 3 columns so, my question how I can group... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shizik
1 Replies

6. Programming

awk programming

I have the list of numbers in a file 105.1 102.0 100.5 100 98 97.5 95 ... I want to get how many times I have numbers greater than a particular limit, say 100 in the list. How can I do that with awk command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranto_d
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming

Need assistance using awk . Need assistance in awk programming. Any idea of getting the marked data into a file. </tr> <tr> <td class='labelOptional_ind'> cdr.00012325.0000000000000000.20130612.050005.WANP4722_csv </td> <td width='15%' class='labelOptional'> <div align='center'>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort references

I have the following entries and want to perform a sort. Each entry is separated by a newline, however each line should not be considired seperate. Maybe an awk program or similar, or a small script. Anderson, E.R., Duvall, T.L., Jr., and Jefferies, S.M., 1990. Modelling of Solar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming -Passing variable to awk for loop

Hi All, I am new to AWK programming. I have the following for loop in my awk program. cat printhtml.awk: BEGIN -------- <some code here> END{ ----------<some code here> for(N=0; N<H; N++) { for(M=5; M<D; M++) print "\t" D ""; } ----- } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)