Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Cmd is not running , eventhough its in right path Post 302862953 by sea on Friday 11th of October 2013 04:43:12 PM
Old 10-11-2013
Have a look at:
Code:
pwd

pwd means: print work directory
cd mean: change directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a command without having to provide the path

ok, i am aware of adding the directory where the files are located into the .profile file but the problem is, its not working for me. can someone please spell out how to properly edit these configuration files so i can run a command anywhere on the system without having to be in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding path of a running script

Hi, I just want to know any code by which i can get the path of the script which i am running. This is required to store the output in the same directory from where the script is running. pwd fails if I give absolute path of script from some other directory. Thanks in advance Puneet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

path of the running script

Hi there, After reading a couple posts on the subject, I came up with the compilation of all advice (that are supposed to work on any situation) and wrote the following script. But tell me something... Is it that crazy that there's no other way to get the same solution!!! #!/bin/bash... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
27 Replies

4. Programming

get the path of current running program

How does the program know the full path of itself when the program is running in certain diretory? BTW, I have no "argv" information of main() functino. (The program is written in C++ on linux platform) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running script without a path

can someone tell me how could I run a script in an environment that does not include a path? like the environment provided by cron? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Long UNC path not working in CMD.EXE on remote machine

Hi, I am trying to connect to a remote server using Plink tool. Both my local and remote machines are Windows. On remote server, I have OpenSSH server installed. I am able to run commands on remote machine but there is some problem with long UNC path, which I noticed today. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dot in front of cmd path

Hi, I have come across this cmd in a sh script (Bourne): . /orabin/appbin/myfilename.env There is a . (dot) in front of the file path. Would like to know what is the meaning of the dot. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe_x
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

upgrade path for Digital Alphastation 200 running openVMS 6.1?

I am not sure here is the right place to post this question. as openvms is under HP's belt now, i guess here might be the right place to try my luck. we have very old machines here which are still running quite well. (APLHASTATION 200 WITH OPENVMS 6.1) the only problem is difficulty of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
2 Replies

10. AIX

Lost PIDs on AIX platform? (Bing reused eventhough they does not exist currently for any Component.

Dear ALL, I'm working on a Siebel CRM enterprise which is completely on AIX 5.3 platform. I'm trying to find some information, in case you may be able to help. Is there any command/procedure on AIX 5.3 by which I could check the blocked PIDs or lost PIDs for my Siebel Object Manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
5 Replies
pwd(1)								   User Commands							    pwd(1)

NAME
pwd - return working directory name SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pwd DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes an absolute path name of the current working directory to standard output. Both the Bourne shell, sh(1), and the Korn shells, ksh(1) and ksh93(1), also have a built-in pwd command. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of pwd: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. If an error is detected, output will not be written to standard output, a diagnostic message will be written to standard error, and the exit status will not be 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cd(1), ksh(1), ksh93(1), sh(1), shell_builtins(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
``Cannot open ..'' and ``Read error in ..'' indicate possible file system trouble and should be referred to a UNIX system administrator. NOTES
If you move the current directory or one above it, pwd may not give the correct response. Use the cd(1) command with a full path name to correct this situation. SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 pwd(1)