Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer Post 302862903 by sea on Friday 11th of October 2013 03:38:49 PM
Old 10-11-2013
For windows you would want to use: Batch file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, you could use Bash (Unix shell) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for Windows, if you had installed Cygwin.

Additionaly to this weird post, i mean...
You use SH on a WinOS on a Mac... hmm....

The topic, subject, content (lost in translation) of your scripts, seems VERY MUCH similar to: https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...rementing.html
As in: The same homework, diffrent approaches.

Hth

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesn't this script work on my home computer?

Now it could be as simple as at work I use tsch, and at home it is bash. Warning, first post and I am a complete newbie to unix. At work, I use a simple script for updating a window when I am watching to see how a render is doing... while 1 echo --------------------------- echo ls -lrth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iStealMusic
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer?

Title says it all. I am doing a little research for a blog I want to write up on my website about different OS platforms. One thing that I am trying to figure out, is that would it appeal to people to load OS X on their PC, and would they be willing to pay for it? If so, would you even... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
17 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Volunteer Work When Out of a Computer Job?

I need opinion from other ! I finished high school for computer technician few months ago and now I can not find a job because I do not have any experience with servers , I know basic staff about Linux and Unix and Windows better (used three 4 years) (this is way I registered here at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code not worked,as expected

Hi All, OS :- HPUX.. I have a following code, which I wrote to meet date and time condition. The below code refuse to work for some reason, I still don't have any idea, why ? the below code, should exit out, if the day happens to be sat and time greater the 04:00 pm. I am bit surprised, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rebuilding computer tomorrow at work

I'm rebuilding my primary computer at work tomorrow. Currently, it has Windows 7. I would like to replace the main system with either Linux or Unix, although I would like to be able to run a fully operational Windows as a VM within that. Any recommendations on which Linux or Unix to go with? I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)