Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please Help CP CANNOT STAT issue Post 302862717 by learnbash on Friday 11th of October 2013 10:02:57 AM
Old 10-11-2013
It looks like, your paths are not correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command

how can ý use "stat command"????.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
2 Replies

2. Programming

Need help with scandir / stat

I'm writing a file manager program using FC3 and C, and I'm having a problem displaying the stat info of subdirectories. #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <dirent.h> int main() { char *dirname = "mydirectory"; struct dirent **namelist; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertsura
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot stat?

Hi! I ran into a problem with a job I'm running. All it is doing is a "touch" on a filename. However, when I ran the job, it error'd out and got the message 'cannot stat'. When I restarted the job (making no changes) it worked just fine. Anyone know what this means? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lgardner
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stat

the output of stat command is Size: 238 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 80ah/2058d Inode: 736783 Links: 1 Access: (0664/-rw-rw-r--) Uid: ( 500/ gajju) Gid: ( 500/ gajju) Access: 2008-09-08 20:00:15.000000000 +0530 Modify: 2008-09-08... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gajju
6 Replies

5. Programming

Q with stat()

From reading various articles on the net, I know stat() is used on files to get things like permissions, sizes etc... As a folder is a special type of file in Unix, I assumed that stat() could work on it as well as any general file. However, from running my program, perror() reported that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command with ls -l

If i do ls -l i get the result rwx-rw-r ...... ............... file. How can i get the result in octal format. All other output will be the same as ls -l shows. The rwx-rw-r would be like 755 etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stat command

i know this command does not exist in solaris. however, i read somewhere on this forum that basically everything the stat command provides in other oses can be obtained in solaris using the ls command. i've searched the forum for a while now and i cant find the thread. does anyone know about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stat value changes

Die to what all operations, the "Modify" and "Change" values of stat output changes for a file. I found, during editing a file, Change and Modify alters. When chmod'ing Change alters, while Modify doesnot alters. Is there more situations where these changes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with stat command

Hi Experts, I am here with very simple request: #!bin/bash a=`stat -c %y log1.csv` echo $a and this stat command returning value as 2013-08-11 05:42:10.000000000 -0400: But I want to see in mm/dd/yyyy format? any help is highly appreciated thank you ---------- Post... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is "stat: illegal option -- -" an issue with hyphenated filename or flag problem?

Hi. I'm trying to install VMWare Workstation to run a virtual machine on my Mac OS, but running the bundle from bash(xterm) sh VMware-workstation-Full-11.0.0-2305329.x86_64.bundle (as suggested in install guide) comes up with error:stat: illegal option -- - usage: stat Digging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: defeated
5 Replies
shatag(1)							      Shatag								 shatag(1)

NAME
shatagd - Automatically maintain hash tags for files in a given directory SYNOPSIS
shatagd [-druv] [PATH]... DESCRIPTION
shatagd Is a daemon companion to shatag(1) that will monitor filesystem paths using inotify(7) and automatically recompute a tag whenever a file is written to. OPTIONS
-d, --daemon Daemonize. You must use absolute file paths when using this option. -r, --recursive Recursively watch sub-directories, as well as newly created directories. -u, --update Only update already tagged files. See the shatag(1) manpage for pitfalls. -v, --verbose Write to stdout the paths of files which have their tags recomputed. BUGS
Recursive mode is subject to an unavoidable race condition, due to a limitation of inotify. Relative paths do not work when daemonized, only use absolute paths. REPORTING BUGS
Report shatag bugs to the bugtracker at http://bitbucket.org/maugier/shatag, SEE ALSO
shatag(1) Shatag 0.3 11.03.2012 shatag(1)