Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display the output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display the output Post 302862503 by ratheeshjulk on Thursday 10th of October 2013 10:51:19 PM
Old 10-10-2013
What do you mean by only k m as output.. Do you want the only the first field if before "==" then
Code:
echo "whateveroutput" +awk |F[=][=] '{print $1}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

output display alignment !!

Hi I'm trying to display the output of my script in a friendly viewable format. it's something like this.. i have this while loop... in which i get some records from a file where fields are delimitered with a pipe. so i'm extacting each field and replacing the pipe with a \t, tab !!.. cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To display 1 or 2 space bar output

Dear Experts, Please help to advice me for the command to show the output below:- 1) If i input 3, 201, 222 then the output should show 1 space bar as below 201 222 2) If i input 4, 201, 1509 then the outpur should show 2 span bar as below 201 1509 3 will be for 1 space bar between 201... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display and output...question

Hi, I have a small question about the value cannot display correctly: MSG=log fruit=apple print "No $fruit in the store" > "$MSG/fruit_message.txt" output: No $fruit in the store should be: No apple in the store AND $MSG/fruit_message.txt ----------> cannot find the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display multiple output lines

All, I have a file ABC.TXT which has two records: 12345 19.93 34.94 12345 94.84 10.48 If do the following command and grep '12345' ABC.TXT >> test1.txt If I look at the output of test1.txt I appears as follows: 12345 19.93 34.94 12345 94.84 10.48 I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display output of one xterm on another

Setup: Two users, each likely on Windows PCs, using either putty or SecureCRT to connect to a remote Solaris server. The connection could be either telnet or ssh. Wanted: How can the output of one users xterm be directed to the other user so that you can easily allow someone to see what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to display the output of ls -l selected columns

Hello Friends, Hope you are doing well. I am writing a shell script to find out the log file which are not updated in last 1 hours. I've almost completed the script but need your help in formatting its outputs. Currently, the output of the script is like this(as a flat row): ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output bash program

Hello, i have a problem with the output from my bash program. I made this program #!/bin/bash BESTANDEN=$* # Plaatst bestanden in de variabele BESTANDEN TMPFILE=xmlprog.sh.$$.$RANDOM # basisnaam voor tijdelijke bestanden # controller of het programma correct is aangeroepen if then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchspiders
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using ls or echo to display a specific output

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: What single command line would you enter to get the following output? 8140 drwxr-xr-x 9 root bin 18 Jan 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasboot
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output by joining two files

1.txt A B C D 2nd file: 2.txt 1 2 3 4 Output that I want to get: A1 B2 C3 D4 How to get this output using awk command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)