10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Output that I want to get:
How to get this output using awk command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
2. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
What single command line would you enter to get the following output?
8140 drwxr-xr-x 9 root bin 18 Jan 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasboot
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hello, i have a problem with the output from my bash program.
I made this program
BESTANDEN=$* # Plaatst bestanden in de variabele BESTANDEN
TMPFILE=xmlprog.sh.$$.$RANDOM # basisnaam voor tijdelijke bestanden
# controller of het programma correct is aangeroepen
... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchspiders
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hope you are doing well.
I am writing a shell script to find out the log file which are not updated in last 1 hours. I've almost completed the script but need your help in formatting its outputs.
Currently, the output of the script is like this(as a flat row):
... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Please advise which command/command line shall I run;
1) to display the command and its output on console
2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file
I tried tee command as follows;
$ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt
It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Two users, each likely on Windows PCs, using either putty or SecureCRT to connect to a remote Solaris server. The connection could be either telnet or ssh.
How can the output of one users xterm be directed to the other user so that you can easily allow someone to see what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a file ABC.TXT which has two records:
12345 19.93 34.94
12345 94.84 10.48
If do the following command and
grep '12345' ABC.TXT >> test1.txt
If I look at the output of test1.txt I appears as follows:
12345 19.93 34.94 12345 94.84 10.48
I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi, I have a small question about the value cannot display correctly:
print "No $fruit in the store" > "$MSG/fruit_message.txt"
output: No $fruit in the store
should be: No apple in the store
$MSG/fruit_message.txt ----------> cannot find the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Please help to advice me for the command to show the output below:-
1) If i input 3, 201, 222 then the output should show 1 space bar as below
2) If i input 4, 201, 1509 then the outpur should show 2 span bar as below
3 will be for 1 space bar between 201... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to display the output of my script in a friendly viewable format.
it's something like this..
i have this while loop... in which i get some records from a file where fields are delimitered with a pipe. so i'm extacting each field and replacing the pipe with a \t, tab !!..
cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623