Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zones are not booting
Operating Systems Solaris Zones are not booting Post 302862345 by verdepollo on Thursday 10th of October 2013 03:18:20 PM
Old 10-10-2013
That definitely looks like a storage issue.

Maybe the disk was disconnected (if it's a LUN), maybe it's just faulty or maybe it is wrongly configured.

Running fsck against the disk could also help or at least give you some pointers on the issue.

There could be a 100+ possible reasons why a disk is showing that error, depending on your infrastructure.

If it's an urgent issue and you have Oracle support I'd suggest you ask for their assistance. They'll most likely ask you to run Explorer and upload the output to their FTP servers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Zones

Hi, I want to wheather there is any command by using that we can reboot all the zones , Example : I have 10 zones, I can reboot all 10 zones by using one command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

2. Solaris

zones

what are the files related to dns zones database file management ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

zones

Hi I need a help in creating a zones.I am trying to create zone in Sun fire T1000 server with single cpu / 8 gb Ram / 73 gb hdd.I am planning to install java based application on two different zones. iam planning to install solaris 10. Can some one suggest what is the best way to create two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Zones

Hi guys Im using VMware and ive installed solaris 10 in that..ive configured virtual disks in that n im using it..my question is if im gona configure zones in it do i need a seperate NIC card..my virtual interface name is pcn0 and if i create zones can i give pcn0:1 n allocate a seperate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, I need the process of how to add a cpu to a non-global zone or how to add a resource to non-globalzone. Thanks & Regards Padmaja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, How to create a loopback filesystem in a running non golbalzone? and how to share a diskgroup in veritas ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padmaja
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

8. Solaris

zones

how can we know zone is migrate and which files going to update (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zones not booting after server reboot

Hello guys This is my first post. I have very little experience and I woud appreciate your input on this problem. I have a server running Solaris 10. In that server I have 2 zones that work perfectly fine, however, if I reboot the server, the zones don't boot and I have to do it manually. i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zones

haven't work with zones in a while. when shutting down zones from solaris 10 I have to do it from the global zone, but can I just shutdown the global zone and all non global zones will shutdown or do I have to zoneadm -z zonename shutdown for all the non global zones ,then shutdown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead - LDAPv3 Post-Read control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw( LDAP_CONTROL_POSTREAD LDAP_SUCCESS ); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $postread = Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead->new( attrs => [ qw/givenName/ ] ); my $mesg = $ldap->modify( "cn=Barbara Jensen, o=University of Michigan, c=US", replace => { givenName => "Babs" }, control => $postread ); if ($mesg->code eq LDAP_SUCCESS) { my ($afterwards) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_PREREAD ); my $entry = $afterwards ? $afterwards->entry() : undef; if ($entry) { print "givenName changed to '" . join("', '", $entry->get_value(givenName") . "' to 'Babs' "); } } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Post-Read Controls" as described by RFC 4527. In modification operations, the "Post-Read request control" indicates to the server that a copy of the modified entry after the update is to be returned. After the successful completion of the operation, the accompanying "Post-Read response control" allows one to retrieve the updated value from the servers's response. One use case of this control may be to obtain values of operational attributes, such as the "entryUUID" and "modifyTimestamp" attributes, updated by the server as part of the update operation. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. attrs => [ ATTR, ... ] A list of attributes to be returned in the entry returned in the response control. If absent, all attributes are returned. Operational attributes may be included in the list by explicitly asking for them or by using special "+" feature (provided the server supports this feature). METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. In addition to these methods, the control also supports the following method: entry () Returns the entry from the response control in the response message to the LDAP request that contained the request control. The result is either a Net::LDAP::Entry object or undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4527.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008,2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)