Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5120 2g ram
Operating Systems Solaris T5120 2g ram Post 302862191 by Peasant on Thursday 10th of October 2013 09:15:35 AM
Old 10-10-2013
You don't need to revert anything.

Just allocate everything to domain primary (i recommend start-reconf, add all mem and cpu to primary and reboot).

Then use your operating system as you see fit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to hardware RAID 1 on T5120

Hi, I have t5120 sparc and I have 2 146 G drives in the system. I will be installing solaris 10 and also want the system mirrored using Hardware RAID "1" The System did come preinstalled as it comes from sun. I did not do much on it. I booted system using boot cdrom -s gave format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. Solaris

firmware update on t5120

Hi, I am using 3 t5120 sparc systems, OS solaris 10. I am confused by update manager behaviour and sun support. Sun support guy, tells me install patch : 136932-09 (#136932-09: Hardware/PROM: SPARC Enterprise T5120 & T5220 Sun System Firmware with LDOMS support) When I checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to destroy hardware raid on T5120

Hi, I have problem creating hardware raid on T5120 with 4 disks. After the hardware raid 1 created, then I used the raidctl -l c1t0d0 and raidctl -l c1t2d0 the output of volume c1t0d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0, also the volume c1t2d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0 and should be 0.2.0 0.3.0 so I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: netlink
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

change root password on t5120

hi all, i have a problem with a sun server, since a while the root password has been lost and now that we need to give maintenance to the services hosted in it, we cant access it, i tried a method to change it by booting from cd but i cant direct the server to boot from the cd. (The server is on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
3 Replies

7. Solaris

conecting to t5120 with hyperterminal....

greetings. im a very new user to solaris (and to servers for that matter) and i need to conect to a t5120 sun server, i tried using the SER-MGT port on the back of the server, then to a rj-45/db-9 adaptor, and to a serial-usb adaptor (my laptop doesn't have a com port). when i try to conect with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun T5120 hardware RAID question

Hi everyone I've just purchased a Sun T5120 server with 2 internal disks. I've configured hardware RAID (mirror) and as a result the device tree in Solaris only contains 1 hard drive. My question is, how would I know when one of the drives become faulty? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ILOM question on T5120 server

I have a T5120 server and we found out on a security scan that the web interface for the ILOM is enabled. I have been trying to find this information in the wonderful documentation but have not been successful. Does anyone know if you need the http/https enabled on the ILOM for the serial... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkruck
4 Replies

10. Solaris

SP T5120

I have 2machines, 1 T5120 and 1 T5240. Just wandering everytime we have powershutdown, I need to connect thru SP console to boot the T5120. The other machine T5240 is ok and can boot normally after I press the power button. On T5120, no matter how I press the power button, it just stays there,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies
RECONF-INETD(8) 					  System Administration Utilities					   RECONF-INETD(8)

NAME
reconf-inetd - utility to update /etc/inetd.conf and restart inetd SYNOPSIS
reconf-inetd [--verbose] reconf-inetd --sanity-check=fragment [... fragment] DESCRIPTION
reconf-inetd is a maintainer tool that updates inetd.conf. Such updates are based on xinetd.conf-like configuration fragments in /usr/share/reconf-inetd (where server packages install their fragments) and /usr/lib/reconf-inetd (where reconf-inetd keeps track of which inetd.conf entries have been added by itself). reconf-inetd identifies every inetd.conf entry based on the combination of three fields: service name, protocol, and server path. This allows multiple inetd.conf entries for the same service, eg. for IPv4 and IPv6 versions, as well as for different upstreams (eg. proftpd versus ftpd-ssl). reconf-inetd will not add inetd.conf entries for services whose server path is non-existent, or whose combination of protocol, service name and server path matches an existing inetd.conf entry. reconf-inetd does not support internal services. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -c FRAGMENTS_TO_CHECK, --sanity-check=FRAGMENTS_TO_CHECK test the validity of the xinetd.conf-like configuration fragments, as specified by a space-separated list of files -v, --verbose explain what happens -V, --version show version and exit FILES
reconf-inetd declares a file-based dpkg trigger on /usr/share/reconf-inetd. Shadow fragment files are stored in /var/lib/reconf-inetd. A log file is kept at /var/log/reconf-inetd.log FRAGMENT STRUCTURE
reconf-inetd fragments are a much simplified version of xinetd.conf(5) fragments. They have this structure: service <service_name> { <attribute> = <value> <value> ... ... } Of the wide range of fields foreseen by xinetd.conf(5), reconf-inetd honors only these fields: socket_type protocol (optional, except for RPC and unlisted services) port (optional, except for unlisted non-RPC services) wait user server server_args (optional) If the protocol field is omitted and the service is listed, reconf-inetd will assume the protocol of the first matching entry from /etc/services. That will be tcp or udp, which currently implies IPv4, so if the intention is IPv6, then tcp6 or udp6 should be explicitly specified in the protocol field. Unlike, regular xinetd fragment files, reconf-inetd fragment files must have only one service per file. A package that provides more than one service must install a separate fragment file for each service. This is the case to allow for removal of individual services, by simply removing the related file. /usr/share/reconf-inetd fragments are not configuration files; they're just input to reconf-inetd. Local admin configuration should be applied to inetd.conf tcpd-configured service fragments will typically have server set to /usr/sbin/tcpd and server_args will start with the path to the actual server executable. Follows a reproduction of valid atrribute values from xinetd.conf(5): socket_type Possible values for this attribute include: stream stream-based service dgram datagram-based service raw service that requires direct access to IP seqpacket service that requires reliable sequential datagram transmission protocol determines the protocol that is employed by the service. The protocol must exist in /etc/protocols. If this attribute is not defined, the default protocol employed by the service will be used. port determines the service port. wait This attribute determines if the service is single-threaded or multi-threaded and whether or not xinetd accepts the connection or the server program accepts the connection. If its value is yes, the service is single-threaded; this means that xinetd will start the server and then it will stop handling requests for the service until the server dies and that the server software will accept the connection. If the attribute value is no, the service is multi-threaded and xinetd will keep handling new service requests and xinetd will accept the connection. It should be noted that udp/dgram services normally expect the value to be yes since udp is not connection oriented, while tcp/stream servers normally expect the value to be no. user determines the uid for the server process. The user attribute can either be numeric or a name. If a name is given (recommended), the user name must exist in /etc/passwd. This attribute is ineffective if the effective user ID of xinetd is not super-user. server determines the program to execute for this service. server_args determines the arguments passed to the server. FRAGMENT EXAMPLES
Here is an example fragment: service finger { socket_type = stream protocol = tcp6 wait = no user = nobody server = /usr/sbin/fingerd } and it's tcpd-enabled version: service finger { socket_type = stream protocol = tcp6 wait = no user = nobody server = /usr/sbin/tcpd server_args = /usr/sbin/fingerd } BUGS
Known issues and missing features are listed in /usr/share/doc/reconf-inetd/TODO HISTORY
reconf-inetd is a replacement for update-inetd. The motivation for and design of reconf-inetd is detailed at the Debian Enhancement Pro- posal 9, at http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep9/, a copy of which is locally available at /usr/share/doc/reconf-inetd/dep9.html AUTHOR
reconf-inetd was designed, documented and implemented by Serafeim Zanikolas <sez@debian.org> SEE ALSO
inetd.conf(5), xinetd.conf(5), inetd(8), update-inetd(8), deb-triggers(5) reconf-inetd 1.120603 June 2012 RECONF-INETD(8)