Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5120 2g ram
Operating Systems Solaris T5120 2g ram Post 302862191 by Peasant on Thursday 10th of October 2013 09:15:35 AM
Old 10-10-2013
You don't need to revert anything.

Just allocate everything to domain primary (i recommend start-reconf, add all mem and cpu to primary and reboot).

Then use your operating system as you see fit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to hardware RAID 1 on T5120

Hi, I have t5120 sparc and I have 2 146 G drives in the system. I will be installing solaris 10 and also want the system mirrored using Hardware RAID "1" The System did come preinstalled as it comes from sun. I did not do much on it. I booted system using boot cdrom -s gave format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. Solaris

firmware update on t5120

Hi, I am using 3 t5120 sparc systems, OS solaris 10. I am confused by update manager behaviour and sun support. Sun support guy, tells me install patch : 136932-09 (#136932-09: Hardware/PROM: SPARC Enterprise T5120 & T5220 Sun System Firmware with LDOMS support) When I checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to destroy hardware raid on T5120

Hi, I have problem creating hardware raid on T5120 with 4 disks. After the hardware raid 1 created, then I used the raidctl -l c1t0d0 and raidctl -l c1t2d0 the output of volume c1t0d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0, also the volume c1t2d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0 and should be 0.2.0 0.3.0 so I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: netlink
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

change root password on t5120

hi all, i have a problem with a sun server, since a while the root password has been lost and now that we need to give maintenance to the services hosted in it, we cant access it, i tried a method to change it by booting from cd but i cant direct the server to boot from the cd. (The server is on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
3 Replies

7. Solaris

conecting to t5120 with hyperterminal....

greetings. im a very new user to solaris (and to servers for that matter) and i need to conect to a t5120 sun server, i tried using the SER-MGT port on the back of the server, then to a rj-45/db-9 adaptor, and to a serial-usb adaptor (my laptop doesn't have a com port). when i try to conect with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklilith
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun T5120 hardware RAID question

Hi everyone I've just purchased a Sun T5120 server with 2 internal disks. I've configured hardware RAID (mirror) and as a result the device tree in Solaris only contains 1 hard drive. My question is, how would I know when one of the drives become faulty? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ILOM question on T5120 server

I have a T5120 server and we found out on a security scan that the web interface for the ILOM is enabled. I have been trying to find this information in the wonderful documentation but have not been successful. Does anyone know if you need the http/https enabled on the ILOM for the serial... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkruck
4 Replies

10. Solaris

SP T5120

I have 2machines, 1 T5120 and 1 T5240. Just wandering everytime we have powershutdown, I need to connect thru SP console to boot the T5120. The other machine T5240 is ok and can boot normally after I press the power button. On T5120, no matter how I press the power button, it just stays there,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies
hesupd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 hesupd(8)

Name
       hesupd - Hesiod update daemon for modifying BIND/Hesiod passwords

Syntax
Description
       The  Hesiod  update  daemon,  is a server that handles password change requests from the command and is run only on the BIND/Hesiod primary
       server serving the password database.  The daemon changes the password entries on the BIND/Hesiod primary server.

The primary server is identified by the host name alias, bindmaster, which must exist on the server's host entry  in  the  hosts  database.
       The bindsetup command adds the host name alias, bindmaster to the file if it does not already exist.

This  daemon is not run by default, nor can it be started up from the daemon.  If you want to enable remote password updating for BIND/Hes-
       iod, put an entry for in the file of the host serving as the primary server for the BIND/Hesiod file.  You can add the startup lines for to
       by running the command.

Hesiod keeps a log file, which records successful and unsuccessful password changes by uid.

Examples
       This following example shows lines you can add to in order to start the Hesiod update daemon at boot time.
	  [ -f /usr/etc/hesupd ] && {
	     /usr/etc/hesupd; echo -n ' hesupd' >/dev/console
	  }

Files
       Startup commands pertinent to a specific system

Log of password changes

Default BIND Files:

BIND/Hesiod passwd file

BIND hosts file

See Also
       bindsetup(8), passwd(1)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service