Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing into two files under difference situation Post 302861387 by grace_shen on Tuesday 8th of October 2013 07:55:18 PM
Old 10-08-2013
Thank you so much!But is it perl or shell script? I am sorry for the easy questions. I usually working on Perl, but it is not like the regular one. How can I run it? Run under the linux command line?

---------- Post updated at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:37 PM ----------

thank you so much for the reply, but I am really a newbie in coding, could u please add some comment on each line so that it is easy for me to refer and adjust. Thank you so much and I really appreciate all the help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Challenging situation for the MODERATORS

Well, I hope this way you will respond to my inquiries. I have 4 unix servers,with static ips (though i dont think this is an issue)....i can telnet and rlogin from one to the other....if i FTP from on et othe other and try to execute : cd /user return /user : no such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current situation

hello..what is the current situation or lastest version of UNIX?? Is there any where i can read more about it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joanne6298
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed situation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can think in sed. Basically, I need the trailing characters on every line in a file to be deleted. These characters are all in capitals, and always follow a number, but they often vary in number For instance, on the line: 2006_10_9_p20_TALK I'd want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
4 Replies

4. Programming

strange situation in file

Hi All, I am writing some data's into a file from C++ program. The files which i am writing is of fixed length . say 232 in length per line. I am writing as . my c code is as ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Columns and printing the difference from a particular file

Gurus, I have one file which is having multiple columns and also this file is not always contain the exact columns; sometimes it contains 5 columns or 12 columns. Now, I need to find the difference from that particular file. Here is the sample file: param1 | 10 | 20 | 30 | param2 | 10 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns comparision of two large size files and printing the difference

Hi Experts, My requirement is to compare the second field/column in two files, if the second column is same in both the files then compare the first field. If the first is not matching then print the first and second fields of both the files. first file (a .txt) < 1210018971FF0000,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files situation

Hello, I am PhD student (Biomedical sciences) and very new to Linux. I need some help with the following task : I have files in the following format for their names : An_A1_nnn_R1.txt; An_A1_nnm_R1.txt; An_A1_nnoo_R1.txt An_A2_nnn_R1.txt; An_A2_nnm_R1.txt; An_A2_nno_R1.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julio Finalet
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare line and printing difference

Hi, I want to compare two files and print out their differences e.g: t1.txt a,b,c,d t2.txt a,b,c,d,e,f Output e,f Currently I do this long about way tr ',' '\n' <t1.txt >t1.tmp tr ',' '\n' <t2.txt >t2.tmp diff t1.tmp t2.tmp > t12.tmp I have to this comparison for 100 files, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run - Run external commands at specific phases of Dist::Zilla VERSION
version 0.013 SYNOPSIS
[Run::BeforeRelease] run = script/myapp_before1.pl %s run = script/myapp_before2.pl %n %v [Run::Release] run = script/myapp_deploy1.pl %s run = deployer.pl --dir %d --tgz %a --name %n --version %v [Run::AfterRelease] run = script/myapp_after.pl %s %v ; %p can be used as the path separator if you have contributors on a different OS run = script%pmyapp_after.pl %s %v DESCRIPTION
Run arbitrary commands at various Dist::Zilla phases. CONVERSIONS
The following conversions/format specifiers are defined for passing as arguments to the specified commands (though not all values are available at all phases). o %a the archive of the release (available to all *Release phases) o %d the directory in which the dist was built (not in "BeforeBuild") o %n the dist name o %p path separator ('/' on Unix, '\' on Win32... useful for cross-platform dist.ini files) o %v the dist version o %x full path to the current perl interpreter (like $^X but from Config) Additionally %s is retained for backward compatibility. Each occurrence is replaced by a different value (like the regular "sprintf" function). Individual plugins define their own values for the positional replacement of %s. AUTHOR
Torsten Raudssus <torsten@raudssus.de> <http://www.raudssus.de/> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Raudssus Social Software <http://www.raudssus.de/>. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-09 Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)