Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Web sites
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Web sites Post 302861249 by Scott on Tuesday 8th of October 2013 12:32:37 PM
Old 10-08-2013
ifcfg-eth0 is meant, as it's Redhat or one of its rebrands.

In addition to what rbatte1 suggests, please also post the output of:
  • cat /etc/resolv.conf
  • cat /etc/sysconfig/network
  • cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
  • runlevel
  • ls /etc/rc5.d/S23NetworkManager
  • service httpd status (if your "portal" is running on the same server)
  • chkconfig --list httpd ("" "")
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why?

Where do you go to participate in technical discussions besides UNIX.COM and why? Personally, I do not really participate in other forums and discussion boards, but I do ask questions from time to time on Stack sites. The problem I have with Stack is that my questions are never answered on any... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies
SMPPPD(8)							      SMPPPD								 SMPPPD(8)

NAME
smpppd - SuSE Meta PPP Daemon DESCRIPTION
smpppd is a daemon that controls several internet connections. Use a frontend like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet to control the connections and retrieve status informations. Those frontends can also run on different hosts. The configuration of the dialup connections is done by YaST2 but there are some additional options available in the file /etc/smpppd.conf. smpppd is not intended for direct use. Use rcsmpppd instead. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by smpppd. --detach Detach from the controlling terminal. This is the default. --nodeatch Don't detach from the controlling terminal. -d, --debug Turn on debugging. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. BUGS
ISDN support is poor. SIGNALS
SIGHUP Reload the configuration. FILES
/etc/smpppd.conf Basic configuration. /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Configuration files for the interfaces. /etc/sysconfig/network/providers/* Configuration files for the providers. /var/run/smpppd/control Socket to communicate with local frontends. /var/run/smpppd/ifcfg-* Sockets to communicate with backends. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, accounting(1), cinternet(1), wvdial(1), smpppd.conf(5), pppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE September 2003 SMPPPD(8)