Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script? Post 302861079 by RamMore123 on Tuesday 8th of October 2013 05:08:06 AM
Old 10-08-2013
How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi,
i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test id and in next two sub columns it should display YES or NO depending on the result of compilation and execution(PASSED or FAILED).

currently i am generating one text file from script only which shows test id and result of test cases.

i have attached both files current test result required excel format.

Please help me in this. Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create csv file using shell script

I have a file in multiple directory which has some records in the following format File: a/latest.txt , b/latest.txt, c/latest.txt -> Name=Jhon Age=27 Gender=M Street=LA Road Occupation=Service I want to generate a csv file from the above file as follows File: output.csv -> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjk2504
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Excel/CSV file - More than one tab

Hi All, Following is my requirement. I have searched the site and found some threads which has same queries, but non of them have any answer. I thought of posting it once more. We are generating different reports through shell script after we finish our data load. Currently there are 7 such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an .csv/excel file using shellscript

In my file, i have 4 Product names(For ex:Microsoft excel, Oracle,.Net,IBM websphere,..etc.,) I want this 4 Products in 4 individual .csv/excel file after running the script with those products related information. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navya
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiline csv cell through shell script?

Hi, I have a text like the one given below status="Observation 1" read1="Source rows not load" read2="Score drop" I want to create a csv and mail it out in such a way that all three lines will be in a single cell but as three lines. For ex Col C1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for converting file to Excel or CSV

Hi I have a dat file which has "n" number of columns. The file is delimited. The number of columns keep varying as the file is generated out of DB queries. Could you please help me in writing a script which will generate a XLS or CSV file out of the dat file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vee
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create excel file using bash script

i have written one script which generates text file which gives output like. 001.config: CR1.1 COMPILE_PASSED TEST_PASSED 002.config: CR1.1 COMPILE_FAILED TEST_FAILED . . .so on this text file will get filled one by one as its for loop for n number. i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD