Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Strange isuse with shared storage in Solaris 10 Post 302860495 by aliyesami on Sunday 6th of October 2013 01:12:54 PM
Old 10-06-2013
Strange isuse with shared storage in Solaris 10

i have luns offered by SE3310 being mounted on two T2000 servers (sun solaris 10u11) . i can see the files on both servers but if i create a new file or rename n existing file on one node its not immediately visible on the other unless i unmount n remount the partition ..how can i fix this ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10 strange df output

hi, in solaris 10 SUN SPARC V245 server the following df -h output is showing . can i reuse the following disk space by deleting them /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 20G 5.2G 14G 27% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED

Hi, On my X4200 Galaxy cluster, when i plugged out the both cables of Controller A (connected to Node 1 and Node2) , status of registered array became "Degraded". After plugging -in the cables , i should get the status of array as "OK" but i am not getting the status OK. I am using CAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksharma
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange df output on solaris 9

Hi all, After deleting some large log files on solaris 9 machine I can see strange df output shows below /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 45G 16384E 50G 39879076698694% / I thought it will back to normal once I restart it but did not. I have seen in sunsolve article 6362734 that "Solaris 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar333
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Strange thing with solaris ls on nfs shared directory

I shared from linux server a dir with nfs3,solaris mount ok,and can tar files,but if i do ls or cp.. on mnt i have mount the nfs share root@solaris: mnt $ touch 2 root@solaris: mnt $ ls -lh ls: can't read ACL on .: Permission denied root@solaris: mnt $ ls 1.tar 2 root@solaris: mnt $ cp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Strange value in poolstat or Solaris

I have Solaris-10 (Update-9) Sparc server. I am noticing some strange behavior on poolstat output. As per below output, size is 64. Though load is very less for pool_OAG, it should be less ideally. It seems like it is not releasing resource, it seems ? root@pdrtop01:/# poolstat -r pset id pool ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
UMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 UMOUNT(8)

NAME
umount -- unmount filesystems SYNOPSIS
umount [-fv] special | node umount -a | -A [-fv] [-h host] [-t type] DESCRIPTION
The umount command calls the unmount(2) system call to remove a special device or the remote node (rhost:path) from the filesystem tree at the point node. If either special or node are not provided, the appropriate information is taken from the list of filesystems provided by getfsent(3). The options are as follows: -a All the filesystems described via getfsent(3) are unmounted. -A All the currently mounted filesystems except the root are unmounted. -f The filesystem is forcibly unmounted. Active special devices continue to work, but all other files return errors if further accesses are attempted. The root filesystem cannot be forcibly unmounted. -h host Only filesystems mounted from the specified host will be unmounted. This option implies the -A option and, unless otherwise speci- fied with the -t option, will only unmount NFS filesystems. -t type Is used to indicate the actions should only be taken on filesystems of the specified type. More than one type may be specified in a comma separated list. The list of filesystem types can be prefixed with ``no'' to specify the filesystem types for which action should not be taken. For example, the umount command: umount -A -t nfs,hfs umounts all currently-mounted filesystems of the type NFS and HFS. (The -a option only unmounts entries in the /etc/fstab list.) -v Verbose, additional information is printed out as each filesystem is unmounted. NOTES
Due to the complex and interwoven nature of Mac OS X, umount may fail often. It is recommended that diskutil(1) (as in, ``diskutil unmount /mnt'') be used instead. SEE ALSO
unmount(2), getfsent(3), mount(8), diskutil(1) HISTORY
A umount command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1995 4th Berkeley Distribution