Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert Column Values to a Range of Values Post 302860137 by newbio on Friday 4th of October 2013 04:05:39 PM
Old 10-04-2013
Convert Column Values to a Row with Range of Values

I have a list of columns with values that I need to transform into a row containing the range of each column. For example:

"Column A"

"Column B"

etc.

I want the output to be like this:

"Column A" 1-4, 10, 12, 14-8
"Column B" 1, 4-7, 10

I'm just starting with shell scripting, so a code with a description of how to adjust variables would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by newbio; 10-04-2013 at 07:27 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick values from column based on key values by usin AWK

Dear Guyz:) I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z). I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert column values into row

hi, I have a requirement where in I read the values from a file using awk. The resulting data should be converted into row format from column format. For ex: My log file login.lst contains the following SERVER1 DB1 SERVER2 DB2 SERVER3 DB3 SERVER4 DB4 I use awk to grep only the server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Values from Several files if it meets criteria for column values

I have results from some statistical analyses. The format of the results are as given below: I want to select lines that have a p-value (last column) less than 0.05 from all the results files (*.results) and cat to a new results file. It would be very nice if a new column is added that tells... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shift values in one column as header for values in another column

Hi Gurus, I have a tab separated text file with two columns. I would like to make the first column values as headings for the second column values. Ex. >value1 subjects >value2 priorities >value3 requirements ...etc and I want to have a file >value1 subjects >value2 priorities... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average values in a column based on range

Hi i have data with two columns like below. I want to find average of column values like if the value in column 2 is between 0-250000 the average of column 1 is some xx and average of column2 is ww then if value is 250001-5000000 average of column 1 is yy and average of column 2 is zz. And my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting odd values to even values(or vice-versa) located in a column

Hello All, I have a below data in a .csv file where all rows where col1 is A, col2 is odd numbers, similarly even numbers for all rows where col1 is B. Note that my data has some other columns(not shown here) too (around 100) after col2. Tool,Data A,1 A,3 A,5 .... so on B,2 B,4 .... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column data values to rows

Hi all , I have a file with the below content Header Section employee|employee name||Job description|Job code|Unitcode|Account|geography|C1|C2|C3|C4|C5|C6|C7|C8|C9|Csource|Oct|Nov|Dec|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep Data section ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create range of values and count values.

Gents, It is possible to generate a range of values according to column 1 and count the total of rows in the range. example input 15.3 15.5 15.8 15.9 16.0 16.1 16.8 17.0 17.5 18.0 output desired 15.0 - 15.9 = 4 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies

10. Programming

DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows

Hi Team I am using DB2 artisan tool and struck to handle multi values present in columns that are comma(,) separated. I want to convert those column values in separate rows . For example : Column 1 Column2 Jan,Feb Hold,Sell,Buy Expected Result Column1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies
CUBRID_COLUMN_TYPES(3)							 1						    CUBRID_COLUMN_TYPES(3)

cubrid_column_types - Get column types in result

SYNOPSIS
array cubrid_column_types (resource $req_identifier) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_column_types(3) function gets column types of query results by using $req_identifier. PARAMETERS
o $req_identifier -Request identifier. RETURN VALUES
Array of string values containing the column names, when process is successful. FALSE, when process is unsuccessful. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_column_types(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33000, "demodb", "dba"); $result = cubrid_execute($conn, "SELECT * FROM game WHERE host_year=2004 AND nation_code='AUS' AND medal='G'"); $column_names = cubrid_column_names($result); $column_types = cubrid_column_types($result); printf("%-30s %-30s %-15s ", "Column Names", "Column Types", "Column Maxlen"); for($i = 0, $size = count($column_names); $i < $size; $i++) { $column_len = cubrid_field_len($result, $i); printf("%-30s %-30s %-15s ", $column_names[$i], $column_types[$i], $column_len); } cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: Column Names Column Types Column Maxlen host_year integer 11 event_code integer 11 athlete_code integer 11 stadium_code integer 11 nation_code char 3 medal char 1 game_date date 10 SEE ALSO
cubrid_column_names(3), cubrid_prepare(3), cubrid_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_COLUMN_TYPES(3)