Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help! Zombies
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! Zombies Post 302859541 by vbe on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 11:11:28 AM
Old 10-03-2013
type:
Code:
ps -ef|grep efu

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zombies

Okay, I'm working within ansi C and Sun Solaris 7. I have a problem with zombies. I'm currently using the kill command to return the status of a process. How do I check for Zombie PIDs or the right function to return its PID from within a C program? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karpolu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No zombies!

Is there a command that will automaticaly go through and kill all children when you try to kill the parent process. Thanks, David (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nucca
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How can i kill Zombies

Hi All I need help, how can i kill zombies instead of rebooting the system. Regards System: sna Tue Apr 5 17:50:23 2005 Load averages: 0.05, 0.15, 0.22 168 processes: 157 sleeping, 5 running, 6 zombies Cpu states: CPU LOAD USER NICE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
5 Replies

4. Programming

FreeBSD, fork() and zombies

i'm writing small http proxy server (accept client -> connect to remote proxy server -> recv client's request -> send to remote proxy server -> get responce from remote proxy server -> send answer to client -> close connection to client and to remote proxy server) and having problems with fork().... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PsycoMan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zombies

I had a problem deleting a zombie process. It refused to be killed. I even tried kill -9 process# but it refused. Any other way of killing it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorn
7 Replies

6. Programming

Ways to eliminate Zombies?

what are the precautions to be taken care for avoiding zombie process ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
8 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)