Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help for developing script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help for developing script Post 302859491 by sea on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 10:18:21 AM
Old 10-03-2013
What do you want to achieve with that, what is the purpose for doing so?
Simply repeating what you already said is no further information...

Last edited by sea; 10-04-2013 at 08:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Developing a new command line interface

Hi, Is there any good/easy tool or library which assists in developing a command line interface for an application. The CLI should be able to provide custom commands, allow programming/scripting as well. For the latter case it could wrap a shell command and send it to BASH for processing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redirect
2 Replies

2. Programming

Developing Open Source tools

Hi Gurus, I am very much interested in developing and publishing a small piece of open source code which would be the best place to start off. I am just a beginner in unix ,c. Please provide me some suggestions. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you help me regarding developing script?

Hi All, I want to develope this script. any help will be appreciated. It is possible to use two pipes and create two-way communication between two processes. (In practice, this is not done because sockets are available.) Create a program where the parent process reads the name of a language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help required in developing an Editor.

Hi, I wish to develop a editor of my own. My idea is using 100% C programming Linked list as the Data structure GNU/Linux as the compiling environment ncurses utility for screen Many of might have wrote a editor in your college itself as a project. But I am from non IT background.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Developing own shell

Hi everyone.I am trying ti create my own shell in C.So far i have managed to create a parser to separate args from cmd line of my shell.(i have done nothing different for tokens is that wrong?).so i can run commands like "ls -l" "cp" "cat" etc.now i want to add redirection.can anyone guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

developing a Kernel for old old Unix?

Hello all , My father has been running the last version of unix before all the liscensing began 20 or so years ago. In his particular field his programmer has written a great deal of software to work with this version. Emulating so newer computers could speak to the unix server as well. Im sure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill78
6 Replies

7. AIX

Developing application software on the AIX

I am a programmer who works on an IBM i (including AS/400, iSeries, System i and Power). In developing application software on the IBMi we use languages such as RPG/ILE and CLLE. There is a need also to use PF, LF, DSPF & PRTF to represent the physical/logical database and screen/print objects.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elias
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in developing an awk code

#!/bin/ksh set -x FILENAME=$1 #To calculate debit and credit DEBIT=`awk -F, '{value=$28 ;if(value<0) {debit+=value}} END {print debit}' $FILENAME` CREDIT=`awk -F, '{value=$28 ;if(value>0) {credit+=value}} END {print credit}' $FILENAME` #This part is not working since the debit value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with approach and developing script

Hi- I need to develop a script for following scenario in AIX and K shell environment.I am from windows server background for most my career ,so please bear with me and advise suitable approach and technical assistance.Having said that I am aware of unix shell commands but never pput together at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirasm
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Developing Applications for UNIX.COM

A number of people have asked me about the best way to develop some cool new web app for UNIX.COM. In today's "very easy web dev" world, developers do not need to be burdened (like I am) to the "back end" of the site. The best way to develop web apps is to build the application on your desktop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)