Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Re-scaling values - perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Re-scaling values - perl Post 302859033 by @man on Wednesday 2nd of October 2013 07:14:08 AM
Old 10-02-2013
Re-scaling values - perl

Hey folks

I have a big tab delimited file with 3 columns looks like this:

Code:
chr2L	552	0.85
chr2R	135	1.06
chr3L	820	2.89
chr3R	581	3.93
chr4	585	0.94
chrX	605	1.93

All I want to do is re-scaling the third column to be between 0-1. Which means that the highest valu in 3rd column will be 1 and the lowest closest to 0 and the rest in between.

Then sorting it by first and second columns.

Desired output:
Code:
chr2L	552	0.22
chr2R	135	0.27
chr3L	820	0.76
chr3R	581	1.00
chr4	585	0.94
chrX	605	0.50

or

I appreciate if you can help me with this perl script (or shell if it's easier for you, I'm kinda learning both).

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data imputation with scaling

Hello masters, this is difficult to explain and maybe complicated to implement...looks beyond what I taught myself (from this forum), some help is greatly appreciated. I have a base file a1 10 a2 15 a3 20 a4 21 I have a non-base file a1 170 b12 175 c12 180 d12 190 a2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)