Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find Unread Files
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Find Unread Files Post 302858383 by krishmaths on Monday 30th of September 2013 07:20:33 AM
Old 09-30-2013
There are two options.

1. Rename the file after it is loaded to the db with a suffix, say .processed. Use this suffix to identify already read file.

2. Create a list file which would contain names of files that are processed (i.e., loaded to db). When you load the file to db, make an entry in this list file with the name of the file loaded.
Now, use this list file to identify read and unread files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mark messages as unread

Hi Does anyone know how to mark messages as unread either in Pine or from a Terminal or some such ? Thanks, James (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rylann
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (conky) and gmail/IMAP unread message count

Hi all, I use Conky monitor (Conky - Home) for my laptop and I needed a script to see the count of new messages on gmail/IMAP, then I made this small perl script (I hope they can be useful to someone :)) gimap.pl #!/usr/bin/perl # gimap.pl by gxmsgx # description: get the count of unread... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine continuously marks old messages as unread

Hi, I have been having problem with pine for the past few weeks. I use email clinet Thunderbird to view my emails. Every time I open the thunderbird, all my emails were marked as unread. So, I logged into our email server to see what's wrong. even when I opened pine, all messages are labeled as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veepine
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see unread e-mails only in Alpine?

Does anyone have any idea how to see only unread (new) e-mails in the Alpine client when using IMAP? I finally have a fast IMAP client, but don't want to go over all the e-mails I've already read through other clients... Thanks in advance for any hints. ---------- Post updated at 01:21 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesR404
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -ctime -1 cannot find files without extention

The problem is this one. I tar and gzip files on remote server find . -ctime -1 | tar -cvf transfer_dmz_start_daily.tar *${Today}*.*; Command find . -ctime -1 Doesn't find files without extension .csv .txt I have to collect all files for current day, when the program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
AA-STATUS(8)							     AppArmor							      AA-STATUS(8)

NAME
aa-status - display various information about the current AppArmor policy. SYNOPSIS
aa-status [option] DESCRIPTION
aa-status will report various aspects of the current state of AppArmor confinement. By default, it displays the same information as if the --verbose argument were given. A sample of what this looks like is: apparmor module is loaded. 110 profiles are loaded. 102 profiles are in enforce mode. 8 profiles are in complain mode. Out of 129 processes running: 13 processes have profiles defined. 8 processes have profiles in enforce mode. 5 processes have profiles in complain mode. Other argument options are provided to report individual aspects, to support being used in scripts. OPTIONS
aa-status accepts only one argument at a time out of: --enabled returns error code if AppArmor is not enabled. --profiled displays the number of loaded AppArmor policies. --enforced displays the number of loaded enforcing AppArmor policies. --complaining displays the number of loaded non-enforcing AppArmor policies. --verbose displays multiple data points about loaded AppArmor policy set (the default action if no arguments are given). --help displays a short usage statement. BUGS
aa-status must be run as root to read the state of the loaded policy from the apparmor module. It uses the /proc filesystem to determine which processes are confined and so is susceptible to race conditions. Upon exiting, aa-status will set its return value to the following values: 0 if apparmor is enabled and policy is loaded. 1 if apparmor is not enabled/loaded. 2 if apparmor is enabled but no policy is loaded. 3 if the apparmor control files aren't available under /sys/kernel/security/. 4 if the user running the script doesn't have enough privileges to read the apparmor control files. If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.0~beta1 2010-12-20 AA-STATUS(8)