Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Appending "_" (underscores) to variable names Post 302857891 by MadeInGermany on Friday 27th of September 2013 01:37:32 PM
Old 09-27-2013
Code:
"$x"_1

additionally is robust regarding special characters.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string to xml file using "sed"

Hi folks, Following a section in opmn.xml file: </process-type> <process-type id="OC4J_RiGHTv_IRD1" module-id="OC4J"> <environment> <variable id="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="/home/ias/v10.1.2/lib" append="true"/> <variable id="SHLIB_PATH"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"_" in variable names

Hello Experts, I have written a UNIX shell which spans about 400 lines. I have tried to manage the flow as far as possible using functions. In the main shell flow, there are certain variables, not many really - around 10. These variables would obviously act as globals. Here I need some advice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if [ "variable" = "numerical-range" ]; then

been a while so i'm a bit rusty and need a little help. writing a script that needs to compare $EXECHOST(a number) against a numerical range and then set a value. below isn't working but should give you folks an idea of my goal: if ; then echo "This is a 32B machine, exiting..." if ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending character "0" in vi editor for all lines between 1 and 40.

I have to append character "0" for lines between 1 and 40 in a file. I tried the following code. :s/^0,1,40/g Input: Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
MAIN.C(1)						      Debian GNU/Linux manual							 MAIN.C(1)

NAME
pbc_merge - Merge multiple Parrot bytecode (PBC) files into a single PBC file. SYNOPSIS
pbc_merge -o out.pbc input1.pbc input2.pbc ... DESCRIPTION
This program takes two or more PBC files and produces a single merged output PBC file with a single fix-up table and constants table. Command-Line Options "-o out.pbc" The name of the PBC file to produce, containing the merged segments from the input PBC files. Functions "static void help(void)" Print out the user help info. "static PackFile_ByteCode* pbc_merge_bytecode(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile *pf)" This function merges the bytecode from the input packfiles, storing the offsets that each bit of bytecode now exists at. "static PackFile_ConstTable* pbc_merge_constants(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile *pf)" This function merges the constants tables from the input PBC files. "static void pbc_merge_debugs(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile_ByteCode *bc)" This function merges the debug segments from the input PBC files. "static void pbc_fixup_bytecode(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile_ByteCode *bc)" Fixup bytecode. This includes correcting pointers into the constant table and updating the ops mapping. "static void pbc_fixup_constants(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs)" Fixup constants. This includes correcting pointers into bytecode. "static PackFile* pbc_merge_begin(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs)" This is the function that drives PBC merging process. "static void pbc_merge_write(PARROT_INTERP, PackFile *pf, const char *filename)" This functions writes out the merged packfile. "int main(int argc, const char **argv)" The main function that grabs console input, reads in the packfiles provided they exist, hands them to another function that runs the merge process and finally writes out the produced packfile. Debian Project 2012-01-08 MAIN.C(1)