Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to send specific logs to remote rsyslog? Post 302857851 by rbatte1 on Friday 27th of September 2013 11:53:48 AM
Old 09-27-2013
What have you tried so far?

Have you read the manual pages for rsyslogd and any referrals to rsyslog.conf?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail when user logs in.

Hi All, I have a specific requirement hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. I want to send an email when a specific user logs in.. Eg: My User ID on the Unix box is VENKYA when I log into the System can we send a mail that I logged in. I am on a Sun Solaris Server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkyA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete logs or take backups under specific user

I have to write a shell script like this-- 1) Utility will be run under the directory owner. 2) This utility will clean files in ABC/logs. And following logs will be backed up or deleted. Dispatcher Logs Middle tier Logs Sage log Sage monitor log Sage db clean up result log Core files ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates

Sorry, couldn't really think of a simple subject/title. So, I have a log file, and the dates are displayed like so: 2009-03-05 02:49:44 So the first and second field are the date/time. I can change them into a unix timestamp easily with: date -d "2009-03-05 02:49:44" +%s However,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Data Between a specific Date Range from logs

I need to extract data from logs for a mentioned date range..Its quite urgent can anyone help me out with it..its to be written in unix..just thought its better to specify.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to send AIX logs to windows

good day all how to send aix syslogs to a shared folder in windows regards , (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to get specific section of lines in logs

i have a log file that has the date and time that looks like this: Wed Jun 28 15:46:21 2012 test failed tailed passed passed not error panic what we want to focus on is the first 5 columns because they contain the date and time. the date and time can be anywhere on the line. in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script that logs bandwidth on a specific port?

I have a script that runs right before a daily reboot that captures the amount of MB transmitted up and pulled down since last reboot. echo `date +"%m-%d-%y"``grep eth0 /proc/net/dev | awk '{print ","$2/1024/1024","$10/1024/1024}'`>>/home/nick/bandwidth.logIn looking at the raw output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
1 Replies

10. AIX

Configure AIX server to send logs and auditing to Qradar

Hi All I need your help to configure Aix to send logs to Qradar, I did all the methods that mentioned in IBM website and no use, Plz Help,, The Logs should I receive from Aix and display in Qradar is (create user delete user changing in privileges....etc ) my skype account khaled_ly84 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)