Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [SOLVED] Grep IP's from xml with name of file Post 302857795 by charli1 on Friday 27th of September 2013 09:07:47 AM
Old 09-27-2013
[SOLVED] Grep IP's from xml with name of file

Hi all,
actually i have a lot of IP addresses on multiple .xml files on my folder,

my tag on xml files are like this,
Code:
<db-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.100.5.56:1521:DWH01</db-url>

i actually can print only the IP addresses

Code:
awk -F"[<>]" '/url/ { print $3 }' *.xml

i would like to grep all the IP addresses and also the name of the file like this

Code:
my_new_config.xml 10.100.5.56:1521:DWH01

is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by charli1; 09-27-2013 at 10:12 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep multiple pattern from XML file

Hi Everyone pls if anyone can help me in writing a script or correcting it what I have done. I want to write a script to grep record number for all those record which have abc xyd cat dog in one of the field say VALUE, I have thousand of file in a dir and I want to search every file for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: revertback
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] perl and grep: get a script to look at more then one file

hi guys i have this very messy script, that looks in /var/log/messages.all for an error and reports if it finds the key works how can i get it to look at more then one file, i.e /var/log/message.all * so it looks in old logs as well thanks exit 0 if (isRenderNode(hostname)); my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Line Break Issue for an XML file

I got an XML file(file name TABLE.xml) which the data format has line breaks(with no Spaces, no Nulls, no characters between each line), I need to write a KSH script which gives me the data in single line as format shown below My input file which have line breaks: <TABLE> <TABLE-ROW> <S_NO>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Read XML for solaris

Hello I have this script that works fine in Linux But not on sun solaris. Can some one help me with the awk syntax for solaris. Linux: awk -F $0~/DBURL/ {print $7} /tmp/test.xml---------- Post updated at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:05 AM ---------- Sorry guys i got the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/Parse a .xml file

I have a .xml file similar to the following: <Column> <Name>FIELD1</Name> <Title>CO.</Title> </Column> <Column> <Name>FIELD2</Name> <EditField>TextBox</EditField> <ColumnSpan0>4</ColumnSpan0> <Title>NORMAL</Title> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP for a tag in XML File

I have 2 XML Data files with a tag named PARTICIPATION_TYPE and i am trying to grep for that and getting unique values. However one of the xml data file data is not aligned properly like below. File 1: (works fine when i do grep) grep "PARTICIPATION_TYPE" file1.xml | sort -u Data: ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep error "No such file or directory" not solved

Dear all, I run a simple command: grep -f GTEx_snps.txt chr1_r2.txt>chr1_r2_GTEx.txt and got error: "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt: No such file or directory" while "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt is an non-existent file. I google searched some solutions and tried to add -s and --no-messages option grep -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies
CRM_DIFF(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       CRM_DIFF(8)

NAME
crm_diff - identify changes to the cluster configuration and apply patches to the configuration files SYNOPSIS
crm_diff [-?|-V] [-o filename] [-O string] [-p filename] [-n filename] [-N string] DESCRIPTION
The crm_diff command assists in creating and applying XML patches. This can be useful for visualizing the changes between two versions of the cluster configuration or saving changes so they can be applied at a later time using cibadmin. OPTIONS
--help, -? Print a help message. --original filename, -o filename Specify the original file against which to diff or apply patches. --new filename, -n filename Specify the name of the new file. --original-string string, -O string Specify the original string against which to diff or apply patches. --new-string string, -N string Specify the new string. --patch filename, -p filename Apply a patch to the original XML. Always use with -o. --cib, -c Compare or patch the inputs as a CIB. Always specify the base version with -o and provide either the patch file or the second version with -p or -n, respectively. --stdin, -s Read the inputs from stdin. EXAMPLES
Use crm_diff to determine the differences between various CIB configuration files and to create patches. By means of patches, easily reuse configuration parts without having to use the cibadmin command on every single one of them. 1. Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: cibadmin -Q > cib1.xml cibadmin -Q > cib2.xml 2. Determine whether to diff the entire files against each other or compare just a subset of the configurations. 3. To print the difference between the files to stdout, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml 4. To print the difference between the files to a file and create a patch, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml > patch.xml 5. Apply the patch to the original file: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -p patch.xml FILES
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml--the CIB (minus status section) on disk. Editing this file directly is strongly discouraged. SEE ALSO
??? AUTHOR
crm_diff was written by Andrew Beekhof. [FIXME: source] 07/05/2010 CRM_DIFF(8)