Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List processes that are running on other hosts Post 302857623 by phil518 on Thursday 26th of September 2013 06:44:13 PM
Old 09-26-2013
I do know the name of the process. Just trying to avoid going through each host to find it. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are these different tty processes(tty1,tty2..) running as root mentioned n the list below.

Hi, I need your help to understand about different processes(tty1,tty2,tty3...) running as root as shown below .What exactly these processes do? root@bisu-desktop:~# ps -eaf | grep -e tty -e UID UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 761 1 0 10:30 tty5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazybisu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on multiple remote hosts at once

I have a script on about 15 hosts that I need to run for each host whenever I want (not crontab). Problem is, this script takes 5-10 mins to run for each host. Is there a way I can run the script in parallel for all the hosts instead of 1 at a time? Also, I'm remotely running the script on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Get list of running network processes

Hello All I am trying to get a list of process or applications runninging on the network only. I should emphasize that im not interested in the application or process if its not using the network. I tried the good old netstat comand, but im not able to figure out how to list the running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
HWLOC-PS(1)							       hwloc							       HWLOC-PS(1)

NAME
hwloc-ps - List currently-running processes or threads that are bound SYNOPSIS
hwloc-ps [options] OPTIONS
-a list all processes, even those that are not bound to any specific part of the machine. -p --physical report OS/physical indexes instead of logical indexes -l --logical report logical indexes instead of physical/OS indexes (default) -c --cpuset show process bindings as cpusets instead of objects. -t --threads show threads inside processes. If -a is given as well, list all threads within each process. Otherwise, show all threads inside each process where at least one thread is bound. --whole-system Do not consider administration limitations. --pid-cmd <cmd> Append the output of the given command to each PID line. For each displayed process ID, execute the command <cmd> <pid> and append the first line of its output to the regular hwloc-ps line. DESCRIPTION
By default, hwloc-ps lists only those currently-running processes that are bound. If -t is given, processes that are not bound but contain at least one bound thread are also displayed, as well as all their threads. hwloc-ps displays process identifier, command-line and binding. The binding may be reported as objects or cpusets. By default, process bindings are restricted to the currently available topology. If some processes are bound to processors that are not available to the current process, they are ignored unless --whole-system is given. The output is a plain list. If you wish to annotate the hierarchical topology with processes so as to see how they are actual distributed on the machine, you might want to use lstopo --ps instead (which also only shows processes that are bound). The -a switch can be used to show all processes, if desired. EXAMPLES
If a process is bound, it appears in the default output: $ utils/hwloc-ps 4759 Core:0 myprogram If a process is not bound but 3 of his 4 threads are bound, it only appears in the thread-aware output: $ utils/hwloc-ps $ utils/hwloc-ps -t 4759 Machine:0 myprogram 4759 Machine:0 4761 PU:0 4762 PU:2 4765 PU:1 To display the binding of already running MPI processes (launched by Open MPI) and append their MPI rank (in MPI_COMM_WORLD) to each line: $ utils/hwloc-ps --pid-cmd myscript 29093 L1dCache:0 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=0 29094 L1dCache:2 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=1 29095 L1dCache:1 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=2 29096 L1dCache:3 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=3 where myscript is a bash script doing: #!/bin/sh cat /proc/$1/environ 2>/dev/null | xargs --null --max-args=1 echo | grep OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-calc(1), hwloc-distrib(1) 1.7 Apr 07, 2013 HWLOC-PS(1)