Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List processes that are running on other hosts Post 302857259 by phil518 on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 06:47:40 PM
Old 09-25-2013
We use some type of LSF to submit jobs to a farm with lots of hosts.

I could tell a job is having issue, and wondering if there is an easy way to find out which host it is running at. (log file erased)

Thanks for the response. Now I know there is no common linux command to do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are these different tty processes(tty1,tty2..) running as root mentioned n the list below.

Hi, I need your help to understand about different processes(tty1,tty2,tty3...) running as root as shown below .What exactly these processes do? root@bisu-desktop:~# ps -eaf | grep -e tty -e UID UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 761 1 0 10:30 tty5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazybisu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on multiple remote hosts at once

I have a script on about 15 hosts that I need to run for each host whenever I want (not crontab). Problem is, this script takes 5-10 mins to run for each host. Is there a way I can run the script in parallel for all the hosts instead of 1 at a time? Also, I'm remotely running the script on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Get list of running network processes

Hello All I am trying to get a list of process or applications runninging on the network only. I should emphasize that im not interested in the application or process if its not using the network. I tried the good old netstat comand, but im not able to figure out how to list the running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)