Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Change service name permanently Post 302857069 by leo_ultra_leo on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 11:26:49 AM
Old 09-25-2013
Creating a standard giving more secure to the servers. Picture this, if any hacker logged into my system and found all crazy names for the services, what will he gonna do!?
A lot of ideas in my mind, concerning secure the system working beside iptables and SELinux, I need to create a shield that can't be broken even by the people with high experience.

Hope I have been clear in this.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

permanently change KDE DPI

I know this has been asked before but everything I have found on the subject either does not apply or does not work. I am trying to set my DPI under KDE in slackware 12.1 to 75. startx -- -dpi 75 works fine as expected. I have an intel video card. this is my xorg.conf: Section "ServerLayout"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace permanently

i have a few scripts in which i need to find string"ali1@abcd.com" and replace it with "ali@abcd.com" i used 2 below commands but none of them is permanently replacing the old string in the script s.sh perl -pi -e 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g' s.sh sed 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

4. Solaris

delete routing permanently

How can I remove permanently a route from the routing table? I have the following: root@aiwutr1>netstat -rnv IRE Table: IPv4 Destination Mask Gateway Device Mxfrg Rtt Ref Flg Out In/Fwd -------------------- --------------- --------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianluca.p
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change service order

hi guys I have a service that depends on some shares (NFS shares ) that need to be mounted before before the service start so the service-app finds the NFS shares and starts correctly... I am confused here this is what I found but I am not sure what to do in order to change it BTW is Suse... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Set autolist permanently

Hi , How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.padhiyar
2 Replies
keyserv(1M)															       keyserv(1M)

NAME
keyserv - server for storing private encryption keys SYNOPSIS
[ ] [ ] [ ] DESCRIPTION
is a daemon that is used for storing the private encryption keys of each user logged into the system. These encryption keys are used for accessing secure network services such as secure NFS. Normally, root's key is read from the file when the daemon is started. This is useful during power-fail reboots when no one is around to type a password. will not start up if the system does not have a secure RPC domain configured. The domain name can be set up by using the command. Invok- ing the command without arguments will display whether the user has a domain set up. The file contains the following default parameter settings. Specifies whether default keys for are used. The default value is is equivalent to the command-line option. Options Disable the use of default keys for Enable the use of default keys for This is the default behavior. Run in debugging mode and log all requests to to Root's secret key is not read from Instead, prompts the user for the password to decrypt root's key stored in the database and then stores the decrypted key in for future use. This option is useful if the file ever gets out-of-date or corrupted. WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 2 is the last HP-UX release on which NIS+ is supported. LDAP is the recommended replacement for NIS+. HP fully supports the industry standard naming services based on LDAP. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
Contains root's key. Contains default settings. You can use command-line options to override these settings. Log file SEE ALSO
keylogin(1), keylogout(1), publickey(4). keyserv(1M)