Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting using filename of a path Post 302856753 by Jotne on Tuesday 24th of September 2013 05:27:57 PM
Old 09-24-2013
It can be any character as long as its not in the text and a control character.
What about ¤, is it better then §

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove path from filename

In a foreach loop I end up with $file containing the filename INCLUDING the whole path. I want this reduced to just the filename, but I can't seem to remember how I did it some years back. I am sure I can do it with "sed", but I am pretty sure I have seen a simpler command. Anyone? borgeh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borgeh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check whether a directory or filename path is valid or not

the script on excution should take a directory path from useran a numric input and it should check indicate whether its write or not? if the cmmd sh<script-name>,dir/path.<500>" is greater than 500 in size should be copied to dir ,temp in pwd and display the mesage'files of 2000 bytes hav been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fnsplit, Extract filename from path

Hi all, I know this has been covered a lot, I have been searching and reading for hours on the subject, however so far I have been unsuccessful at accomplishing the goal using sed. I know this can be done with parameter expansion (Thanks cfajohnson for a great explanation of parameter... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting by Full directory path

I have a text file with full list of files with their full path. I wanted to sort it by directory then files then subdirectory by alphabetically. When I used the sort command it doesn't give like what I want. Could somebody help me on this. Here is the ex: This is what I'm getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javidraaj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename with entire path without extension

Hi Experts, need one help.. m writing a shell script for which i need the entire path of the file but without its extension. running the below script gives error at the statement DIR = `dirname $FILE` --command not found. #!/bin/bash jar xvf *jar for FILE in `find . -name "*.class"` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Filename from Absolute Path

Hello, I have the string "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" and i want to get only the filename, in this case "ddd.txt". I have as something known in the script the pattern "/a/b/c/", so I`ve tried something like: echo "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" | cut -d "/a/b/c/" -f2 but it doesn`t go, any help?. thanks, bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filename from the path

Hi, I have a list of paths with files at the end. How can strip off filenames. This is what I have: /apps/test/abc/file.txt /apps/new/home/daily/report.xml /apps/old/home/weekly/out/test.sh This is what I need: /apps/test/abc/ /apps/new/home/daily/ /apps/old/home/weekly/out/ ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Help" Sorting using filename only without considering the path

Hi, Here's my problem: I have a file "tmp.txt" created by the find command that contain a list of files that meet certain criteria. I need to sort the files using the filenames only not taken into consideration the path: Example for tmp.txt = /tmp/usr/a.txt /tmp/bdir/b.txt Using... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: snappy46
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a list of filenames but keeping the path information.

Hi All I've googled around for this and can't see a way of doing it. I have a file that contains a number of records that are layed out something like the following. /path/to/directory/that/contains/a/file/I/need/filename.pdf The path itself can vary both in terms of the names and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on filename

Hello , I have to write a bash script. I will explain the logic based on a scenario. Scenario : Suppose I have few files in a Folder X : FILE_201508.list FILE_201510.list FILE_201507.list abc_201510.csv xyz_201508.csv abc_201507.csv def_201507.csv 1) Now ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smamrm
3 Replies
Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					     Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_UniCharIsAlnum, Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha, Tcl_UniCharIsControl, Tcl_UniCharIsDigit, Tcl_UniCharIsGraph, Tcl_UniCharIsLower, Tcl_UniCharIsPrint, Tcl_UniCharIsPunct, Tcl_UniCharIsSpace, Tcl_UniCharIsUpper, Tcl_UniCharIsWordChar - routines for classification of Tcl_UniChar characters SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_UniCharIsAlnum(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsControl(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsDigit(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsGraph(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsLower(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsPrint(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsPunct(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsSpace(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsUpper(ch) int Tcl_UniCharIsWordChar(ch) ARGUMENTS
int ch (in) The Tcl_UniChar to be examined. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
All of the routines described examine Tcl_UniChars and return a boolean value. A non-zero return value means that the character does belong to the character class associated with the called routine. The rest of this document just describes the character classes associated with the various routines. Note: A Tcl_UniChar is a Unicode character represented as an unsigned, fixed-size quantity. CHARACTER CLASSES
Tcl_UniCharIsAlnum tests if the character is an alphanumeric Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha tests if the character is an alphabetic Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsControl tests if the character is a Unicode control character. Tcl_UniCharIsDigit tests if the character is a numeric Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsGraph tests if the character is any Unicode print character except space. Tcl_UniCharIsLower tests if the character is a lowercase Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsPrint tests if the character is a Unicode print character. Tcl_UniCharIsPunct tests if the character is a Unicode punctuation character. Tcl_UniCharIsSpace tests if the character is a whitespace Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsUpper tests if the character is an uppercase Unicode character. Tcl_UniCharIsWordChar tests if the character is alphanumeric or a connector punctuation mark. KEYWORDS
unicode, classification Tcl 8.1 Tcl_UniCharIsAlpha(3)