Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for removing Postgres
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for removing Postgres Post 302856117 by dannyvdberg on Monday 23rd of September 2013 04:19:02 AM
Old 09-23-2013
Script for removing Postgres

I made a script to remove Postgres if this is already installed on your system. I have a other script to install Postgres, so this script can be used before you going to install Postgres.

Do you like this script? I would love to hear feedback.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
#################################
#
# Script to remove Postgres
#
#################################

#function
prompt_ynq () {
   echo -e "\e[01;31m${1}\e[00m"
   PS3="Maak je keuze ('s' voor stop): "
   INSTALL=false
   select ANSWER in "ja" "nee"; do
        case ${ANSWER} in
         *    ) INSTALL=${ANSWER};  break;;
      esac
   done
   check_stop ${INSTALL}
}

#function
check_stop () {
   if [ -z ${1} ]
   then
      echo -e "\n\e[01;31mYou've chosed to quit.\e[00m\n"
      exit
   fi
}

echo -e "\e[01;31mSearching for Postgres\e[00m"
sleep 3
echo ""

if [ -f postgres* ] && [ -f postgresql* ]
        then
        echo -e "\e[01;31mFound versions of Postgres:\e[00m"
        dpkg -l | grep postgres
        echo ""
        prompt_ynq "Do you want to remove this versions of Postgres?"

if [ ${ANSWER} = "ja" ]
                then
                sudo apt-get --purge remove postgresql-* postgresql-client-* postgresql-client-common-* postgresql-common-* postgresql-contrib-*
                sudo rm -rf /var/lib/postgresql/
                sudo rm -rf /var/log/postgresql/
                sudo rm -rf /etc/postgresql/

else
        echo ""
        echo -e "\e[01;31mYou've chosen to remove Postgres\e[00m"
        echo ""
        fi

else
        echo "No Postgres found"
fi

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code or data

Last edited by vbe; 09-23-2013 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: code tags
This User Gave Thanks to dannyvdberg For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgres : pg_dump Error

hi friends, i have script to take backup of postgresql server ....i am getting error like access denied myscript.sh sendEmail=/home/backup/scripts/sendEmail.pl DAY=`/bin/date +%d-%m-%y` DIR=/home/backup/psql/$DAY test -d $DIR | mkdir -p $DIR dblist="test test1 postgres" for db in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup-Script for Postgres

Hi, I'm working with postgres. Now I found a script to backup my databases. # #!/bin/bash # # # setup environment PG_PORT=5432 PG_HOME=/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3 PG_VAR=/backup PG_DATA=/backup/data PG_BACKUPS=/backup/backup PG_LOGS=/backup/logs ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karl_ha
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing postgres connection in shell script

I have a script that does db query in postgres. I'm trying to put in some error checking in the script. I keep running into the password prompt problem where when invalid credentials/or database is put it, it would prompt me for a password which hangs the script. Is there a way that I can check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help copy *.txt to postgres

hi all, a have problem to load *.txt to postgres my database: id_list_ip (nextval) list_ip (varchar) txt file (list_ip.txt) hasilping_10.8.248.1 hasilping_119.110.112.226 hasilping_119.110.125.33 hasilping_125.22.1.25 hasilping_192.168.2.1 hasilping_202.73.96.70 script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi0926
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgres in Linux

I have this 15 postgres sql queries similar to below to run in linux... Its taking a lot of time to run (3hours) . can any one plz guide me how can i reduce the time of execution execute 'insert into cc.rpt_cons_sub_ccdb_data(report_date, server_name, report_type, count) select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set postgres process in monit file?

Dear Friends, I need to add the postgres process in monit file ( Debian machine ). How to add that process in monit?. If anyone know the solution for this, pls let me know. ---------- Post updated at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:21 PM ---------- I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rekha_sri
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking information from a postgres sql query and putting it into a shell script array

I have a postgres sql statement that is the following: select age from students; which gives me the entries: Age --- 10 15 13 12 9 14 10 which is about 7 rows of data. Now what I would like to do with this is use a shell script to create an array age. As a results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies