Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression to validate sql's Post 302856081 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 22nd of September 2013 09:02:24 PM
Old 09-22-2013
You may get some traction removing comments and replacing all white space with single spaces, but unless you can get a proper SQL parser you are still likely to be plagued by false positives/negatives.

Perhaps if you get together some plain English pusdo code like:

Code:
"JOIN" must always be followed with <whitespace> ( "tgt" or "ctltable") and then ("ON" or "WHERE")

Someone here could help you with a basic validator.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate a string against a regular expression

Hi there i have a script which will create unix user accounts. Id like to validate the entered string so that it is specifically 8 characters or less and consists of only ! not Is there a way to validate a string against a regular expression.. i.e size=`printf "$var | wc -m` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate date pattern using Regular Expression

Hi, i am java guy and new to unix. I want to validate date pattern using Regex expression here is the sample program i have written. #!/bin/sh checkDate="2010-04-09" regex="\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}\$" echo $regex if ] then echo "OK" else echo "not OK" fi But the ouput is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate time pattern using regular expression

Hi, I am new to scripting. please help me in validating the user entered time Pattern Here is the program #!/bin/bash validateTimeFormat() { checkTime=$1 timePattern="::" if ] then echo "Valid time pattern" return 1 else echo "InValid time pattern" return -1 fi } echo "Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on regular expression

Hi , I am trying to write a mod_header module rule which will look a specific url (https://partner.testing.com) and rewrite it. The header line is given below. where the url comes in between of the line. i know ^ expression can be used for match the beginning of the line. but not sure how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
3 Replies

10. Fedora

Use of regular expression

Hi, I need some help. My task is, to write a "one-line" command, which must use ls and awk. Task: Write a command-line, which should rename all files in dir from form "value1.dok" to "value2.doc". And value2=value1+1. For example: ls | awk -F: '{print "mv "$0" "$1+1".doc"}' | sh But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Light
3 Replies
DBLINK_EXEC(3)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					    DBLINK_EXEC(3)

NAME
dblink_exec - executes a command in a remote database SYNOPSIS
dblink_exec(text connname, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text dblink_exec(text connstr, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text dblink_exec(text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text DESCRIPTION
dblink_exec executes a command (that is, any SQL statement that doesn't return rows) in a remote database. When two text arguments are given, the first one is first looked up as a persistent connection's name; if found, the command is executed on that connection. If not found, the first argument is treated as a connection info string as for dblink_connect, and the indicated connection is made just for the duration of this command. ARGUMENTS
conname Name of the connection to use; omit this parameter to use the unnamed connection. connstr A connection info string, as previously described for dblink_connect. sql The SQL command that you wish to execute in the remote database, for example insert into foo values(0,'a','{"a0","b0","c0"}'). fail_on_error If true (the default when omitted) then an error thrown on the remote side of the connection causes an error to also be thrown locally. If false, the remote error is locally reported as a NOTICE, and the function's return value is set to ERROR. RETURN VALUE
Returns status, either the command's status string or ERROR. EXAMPLES
SELECT dblink_connect('dbname=dblink_test_standby'); dblink_connect ---------------- OK (1 row) SELECT dblink_exec('insert into foo values(21,''z'',''{"a0","b0","c0"}'');'); dblink_exec ----------------- INSERT 943366 1 (1 row) SELECT dblink_connect('myconn', 'dbname=regression'); dblink_connect ---------------- OK (1 row) SELECT dblink_exec('myconn', 'insert into foo values(21,''z'',''{"a0","b0","c0"}'');'); dblink_exec ------------------ INSERT 6432584 1 (1 row) SELECT dblink_exec('myconn', 'insert into pg_class values (''foo'')',false); NOTICE: sql error DETAIL: ERROR: null value in column "relnamespace" violates not-null constraint dblink_exec ------------- ERROR (1 row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DBLINK_EXEC(3)