Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Aliases not getting saved in OK prompt Post 302855927 by manalisharmabe on Saturday 21st of September 2013 02:31:56 PM
Old 09-21-2013
System is operating in Service Mode.

I guess I need to set it to NORMAL mode and then reset it.
so aliases will gt saved.

Am I right?

please confirm.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

only root's crontab gets not saved

Hi, Something funny is happening over here: when a regular user edits his cron-file (crontab -e) saves and exits vi the correct new cron-file gets installed and saved to disk. But if root does the same, vi saves it but if I then check the cron-file it has the previous contents! I did strace (==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo file not saved

Hi all, I have edited my sudoers file. I am using visudo command I have added the following lines and saved the file. I am saving the lines as :wq But I am very amazed to see that these lines are not written in the sudoers file. I have retried the above process many times, when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I identify the last saved log?

Our system produce logs when a script is run which may not be daily, the logs have a format: name_YYMMDD.log - both name and .log are consistent, date changes as per the day the script is run. Is there a way of finding the last saved log? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can STDERR be saved to a variable

Guys i'm trying to save STDERR to a variable for a portion of my ksh script on solaris. I know i can create redirects to files as such: exec 4>/tmp/lava print "This will be saved to /tmp/lava and not screen"; >&4 print "This will be seen on screen" >&2 I want to save the STDOUT of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where alias saved?

step 1 # alias alias cp='cp -i' alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias ll='ls -l --color=tty' alias ls='ls --color=tty' alias mv='mv -i' alias rm='rm -i' alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' step 2 # cat ~/.bashrc # .bashrc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Squares in saved code

can you help i am merging 2 files together and saving to a third file with awk and its working with this code awk 'OFS="";NR==FNR{a=$0;next} {print a,"\n","\b",$0}' file1 file2 > file3the problem is in file3 when its saved i get a small square at the start of every 2nd line (see picture) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
6 Replies
livedump(5)							File Formats Manual						       livedump(5)

NAME
livedump - a feature that saves operating system state to the file system for debugging purposes. DESCRIPTION
is a feature by which a running operating system's state can be saved to the filesystem without stopping/rebooting the system. The saved dump can be used for debugging purposes. saves the information in a existing dump format readable by the system crash dump access library, See libcrash(5). saves the images and related files in the directory The trailing n in the directory name is a number that increases by one every time is run with the same This number is stored in the file If the file does not exist in the configured path then it is created and the default value of 2 is stored in it. supports both blocking and non-blocking invocation. In a blocking invocation, the control will be returned to the invoker only after com- pletes. In case of a non-blocking invocation, the control will be returned to the callee and the user can query the status of by using the command. For blocking mode invocation, messages will be printed on the user console, and for non-blocking mode invocation, messages are stored in the syslog file supports selective dump using page classification similar to crash dump. uses filesystem space to save the operating system state. The amount of filesystem space to be left free can be configured by the user. The operating system state saved by is in the form of image files. The maximum size of each image is also configurable by the user. The location on the filesystem where saves the system state can be set by the user. configuration can be queried/changed using the utility. See livedump(1M) for more details. The dump saved by is not a snapshot of system memory. Instead it is the state over a period of time. As the system state keeps changing continuously (when is in progress), the dump taken would be a transient one. Due to this transientness some data structures may be broken in the dump. Definitions minfree Amount of space to be left free upon completion of If detects that the free disk space has fallen below minfree value, it stops saving the dump. The saved dump, in this case, may not be debuggable. chunksize Size of a single physical memory image file. See livedump(1M) for details. pageclass System memory classes. See crashconf(2) for details on defined system memory classes. does not support saving of the buf- fer cache and unused pages. sid The session id associated with every session. generates this id for each invocation in order to identify a session uniquely. The user can use this id to specify the session to be aborted. path Directory to save the If this option is not specified, then is used as the default directory to save the dump. AUTHOR
The feature described here was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
messages saved by SEE ALSO
livedump(1M), crashconf(2), libcrash(5). livedump(5)