Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Want to separate one string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to separate one string Post 302855631 by Yoda on Friday 20th of September 2013 01:05:59 PM
Old 09-20-2013
Use awk:
Code:
awk '/pending/{print n}{n=$0}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string

i am a biginner of shell scripting.please help me how can i seperate a string in two parts.eg.user given sting is"oi2ehello".i want to make 2 string string1=oi2e and string2=hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to separate values from a string

Hi I would like to take input from user like username/password@connectstring I should be able to cut the username and password and connect string for example if someone enters like sam/sammy@ora1 my program should take sam as username sammy as password and ora1 as connectstring and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate String Shell Script

Hi guys, I am a beginner in shell script.. How can I separate a string coming from a parameter in spaces ? Ex: input: test.sh abcd output: a b c d Thanks Dusse (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusse
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a string (zip code) from a list in a separate file

I have a list of postal addresses and I need to pull the records that match a list of zip codes in a separate file. The postal addresses are fixed width. The zip code is located in character position 149-157. Something better than: cat postalfile.txt | grep -f zipcodes.txt would be great. $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell, trying to append or separate values in a string

Ok. I for the life of me cant figure out how to do this. I need Help. So here is what I'm trying to do. I have a block of text. They are FIPS codes for counties. Below is the block. There are probably a few ways to do this. The first line starting with ARC021....... this line is a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to take a string and break each letter into a separate variable

I am trying to make a script that takes a word and each letter up and turns it into a separate variable. My code currently does not work but I feel I just need to tweak one thing that I am unsure of. (ex: if forum was typed in letter1=f; letter2=o; letter3=r;...) Thank you count=1; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string between quotes separate by commas

I'm a beginner with shell and tried to do this per hours and everytinhg gives different want i do. So I have a lot of file in *.csv ( a.csv, b.csv ...) in each file csv , it has some fields separeted by commas. ----- "joseph";"21","m";"groups";"j.j@gmail.com,j.j2@hotmail.com"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flaviof
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse (delimited string) key-value pairs in a column into separate lines

Hi experts, e.g. i/p data looks like 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747,9700005405717924,9700005405733788|unidentified,unidentified,unidentified|| o/p data should like - row1: 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747|unidentified ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumoka
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string based on delimiter

Hi, for fd in $(grep "/tmp/" hello.properties)The grep gives me the below output: deploydir=/tmp/app1/dfol prodir= /tmp/hello/prop ...... Now i want to store /tmp/app1/dfol then /tmp/hello/prop in a variable so that i can check if those folders files exists or not. The delimiter would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single grep to multiple strings with separate output per string

I need to grep multiple strings from a particular file. I found the use of egrep "String1|String2|String3" file.txt | wc-l Now what I'm really after is that I need to separate word count per each string found. I am trying to keep it to use the grep only 1 time. Can you guys help ? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
9 Replies
SIGPENDING(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     SIGPENDING(2)

NAME
sigpending - examine pending signals SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigpending(sigset_t *set); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sigpending(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
sigpending() returns the set of signals that are pending for delivery to the calling thread (i.e., the signals which have been raised while blocked). The mask of pending signals is returned in set. RETURN VALUE
sigpending() returns 0 on success and -1 on error. ERRORS
EFAULT set points to memory which is not a valid part of the process address space. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
See sigsetops(3) for details on manipulating signal sets. The set of signals that is pending for a thread is the union of the set of signals that is pending for that thread and the set of signals that is pending for the process as a whole; see signal(7). A child created via fork(2) initially has an empty pending signal set; the pending signal set is preserved across an execve(2). BUGS
In versions of glibc up to and including 2.2.1, there is a bug in the wrapper function for sigpending() which means that information about pending real-time signals is not correctly returned. SEE ALSO
kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsuspend(2), sigsetops(3), signal(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-04 SIGPENDING(2)