Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Teamviewer on AIX
Operating Systems AIX Teamviewer on AIX Post 302855297 by techy1 on Thursday 19th of September 2013 01:57:35 PM
Old 09-19-2013
what willaman said is correct, but on a side note to install the rpm your asking about you need to install the dependencies before you try to install the teamviewer RPM and this rule follows all RPM installs.

You can get some of them from: IBM AIX Toolbox for Linux Applications - Easy Install

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

2. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing teamviewer

hello i am trying to install the teamviewer in RHEL6 but it giving the error. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # rpm -i teamviewer_linux.rpm warning: teamviewer_linux.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 72db573c:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMARNATHGAINI
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Teamviewer Installation

Hello, i am trying to install Teamviewer in RHEL6 and i get this error. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # rpm -i teamviewer_linux.rpm warning: teamviewer_linux.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 72db573c: NOKEY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMARNATHGAINI
1 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
PMDARPM(1)						      General Commands Manual							PMDARPM(1)

NAME
pmdarpm - RPM packages performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/pmdarpm [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-r path] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdarpm is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics reflecting the state of the RPM package database managed by rpm(1). The rpm PMDA exports metrics that describe each package installed on a system, as well as some cumulative totals. When the RPM database changes the PMDA automatically detects this and uses a background thread to asynchronously refresh its values. A brief description of the pmdarpm command line options follows: -C Verify the package iteration code by scanning the RPM database once, then exiting. Only useful for problem diagnosis and testing. -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named rpm.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdarpm is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -r Specify an alternate path to the RPM database (default is /var/lib/rpm/Packages). -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the rpm performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Remove pmdarpm is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdarpm $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/help default help text file for the rpm metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Install installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rpm.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdarpm PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDARPM(1)