Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS Post 302854803 by metallica1973 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 11:24:59 AM
Old 09-18-2013
Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS

I have customer who controls access to the internet via TACACS server, basically a PIX firewall uses authentication from the TACACS to say if traffic is allowed to pass out of the gateway. I can't find anything on how to configure a linux client of TACACS authentication only how to set up a linux TACACS server.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

VPN client for linux?...

I'm looking for an open source VPN client that I can set up on RedHat 7.1. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. VJ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect/telnet/testing tacacs on a cisco

At times I find the need to test that the tacacs port 49 is open. The code below works but is painfully slow because I have to wait on the timeouts. Examples of possible responds router1#telnet 10.11.20.14 49 Trying 206.112.204.140, 49 ... Open route1#telnet 10.11.19.14 49 Trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring Unix(FreeSBD) to authenticate to TACACS

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supadee718
0 Replies

4. BSD

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Linux

MS Exchange from linux client

I haven't seen many updates so im here to ask my fellow *nix users if they have found a way or have atleast heard anything about GUI Mail Client that can access mail from a MS Exchange server. I know that Evolution stopped worked up until Exchange 2003 but not for 2007 or 2010. It doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows AD users authenticate to Linux

Hello folks, Please advise me what is the best way to authenticate Windows AD users against Linux machines. Currently I am going to take a look of Vintela Authentication Services and please let me know if you have experience with VIntela. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
sasl_server_start(3)						  SASL man pages					      sasl_server_start(3)

NAME
sasl_server_start - Begin an authentication negotiation SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_server_start(sasl_conn_t * conn, const char * mech, const char * clientin, unsigned * clientinlen, const char ** serverout, unsigned * serveroutlen); DESCRIPTION
sasl_server_start() begins the authentication with the mechanism specified with mech. This fails if the mechanism is not supported. SASL_OK is returned if the authentication is complete and the user is authenticated. SASL_CONTINUE is returned if one or more steps are still required in the authentication. All other return values indicate failure. conn is the SASL context for this connection mech is the mechanism name that the client requested clientin is the client initial response, NULL if the protocol lacks support for client-send-first or if the other end did not have an ini- tial send. Note that no initial client send is distinct from an initial send of a null string, and the protocol MUST account for this dif- ference. clientinlen is the length of initial response serverout is created by the plugin library. It is the initial server response to send to the client. This is allocated/freed by the library and it is the job of the client to send it over the network to the server. Also protocol specific encoding (such as base64 encoding) must needs to be done by the server. serveroutlen is set to the length of initial server challenge RETURN VALUE
sasl_server_start returns an integer which corresponds to one of the SASL errorcodes. SASL_OK indicates that authentication is completed successfully. SASL_CONTINUE indicates success and that there are more steps needed in the authentication. All other return codes indicate errors and should either be handled or the authentication session should be quit. CONFORMING TO
RFC 4422 SEE ALSO
sasl(3), sasl_errors(3), sasl_server_init(3), sasl_server_new(3), sasl_server_step(3) SASL
10 July 2001 sasl_server_start(3)