Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11 Post 302854741 by Maqsood Mohamme on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 08:30:30 AM
Old 09-18-2013
Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11.
I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file.
The error I get is
Code:
The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect

When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message
/dev/fb (file or directory) does not exist.

Any ideas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager

Hi All, I am a real newbie to this so forgive me if I ask anything which may sound silly. I have a SunFire V1120 installed with Solaris 8 on it. I have Xmanager loaded onto my pc and i want to use this to connect to this box. However Xmanager doesn't recognise the box, but I can telnet to it no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe27
1 Replies

2. Linux

Xmanager

I am unable to view the GUI mode of the Fedora Linux machine through the Xmanager. I don't have issues in viewing my Solaris boxes. Please let me know if anything needs to be done about this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
3 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Linux

xmanager

For remote console logging purpose we use X-manager for Solaris environment. How X-manager config for Linux systems. I want to get Linux desktop to remote pc. that is not ssh or telnet. Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Error: installing Nmap on Solaris11 Express

Hello, I am trying to install Nmap on my Solaris machine. I got errors at the very last of "make" command though. Could someone point me out what I am lacking? Thank you! Nmap version: 5.50 (nmap-5.50.tar.bz2) Solaris version (cat /etc/release): Error message ( run "./configure &&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fragile_it
0 Replies

6. Solaris

[Unix Solaris11] RPM2PKG error about compilation.

Hi, I'm new on this forum. I'm working on Solaris 11 (Express Edition) and I must install some programm created only for RedHat system (I don't want to buy or download RedHat). So I search for this tools and I find a working script for Solaris 9 and 10, but I need that for Solaris 11. So I search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fraste_
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris11 and samba4 dc

Simple question. I have a solaris11 test machine When i try to join a samba4 domain give me this error "kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: invalid credentials" When i join a w2003r2 AD..works perfect I check network ok,dig,reverse ok.. my conf file is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Configuring network interfaces in Solaris11

Hi all, Just istalled Solaris 11. Want to configure network interfaces and got some problems: #dladm show-phys # #dladm show-link # If i run ifconfig -a, i am getting 2 lo0 (loopback) interfaces and thats all. I can't enable interface, can't list it, can't assign IP to it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris11.4 - no X11

After some problems, I have installed Solaris 11.4. The warnings saidWARNING: /pci@0,0/..... (xhci1): Connecting device on port 5 failed WARNING: /pci@0,0/..... (xhci1): Connecting device on port 6 failed Preparing image for use Unable to mount media Requesting System Maintenance Mode (See... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Block port for all except for one specific ip in Solaris11.4

Hi, I need to block ssh port 22 from all the servers except one server ip. Until solaris11.3 and below, I used to do like below(under /etc/ipf/ipf.conf),and it's working fine pass in quick from $server_ip to any port=22 block in quick from any to any port=22 But I tried almost same in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restarExecutable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdmconfig(1m) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)