Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Kernal version numbering Post 302854225 by Siva SQL on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 01:40:56 AM
Old 09-17-2013
Code:
LSB Version:      :core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-ia32:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-ia32:printing-4.0-noarch       Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseServer       Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release   5.9 (Tikanga)       Release:        5.9       Codename:       Tikanga

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-17-2013 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Panic

Received the following on the weekend. Panic:k_trap kernel mode trap type 0X0000000e cannot dump 163739 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41):space for only 48640 pages Dump not complete Safe to power off or press any key to reboot Any ideas how to fix this one? It also happen a month ago. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcoleman544
3 Replies

3. Slackware

Determine Linux Version.

Apart from the obvious, uname command, is there anyway to determine which Linux distribution and version of the distribution has been installed? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Information

Hi friends, i would like to know the kernal information (semaphores), which command do i use Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I see which version of Linux I am using ?

I want to know the distribution and version of linux that I am running: uname -r gives me: 2.4.20-8bldsmp uname -v gives me: #1 SMP Wed Sep 20 19:32:24 PDT 2006 Whats the distribution ? and whats the version ? thanks !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

6. Linux

Why is there so many linux version?

Hi, Why is there many different Linux names and SO instead to be only one? What are the differences? Paul Weinstock (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Weinstock
3 Replies

7. Linux

How to know the Linux version?

Hi, How to know the Linux version in the box in which linux is installed ? Cheers K Md Shakeel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to know the version of Linux

Hi I have run the command uname -a and i got the below output Linux vm07 2.6.9-77.Emp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux i want know the version of Linux can i get it from above output if yes then what is it? is it 2.6.9-77.Emp? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

10. Linux

Linux Version of IE?

Is there a linux version of IE? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies
Tk_GetGC(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						       Tk_GetGC(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetGC, Tk_FreeGC - maintain database of read-only graphics contexts SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> GC Tk_GetGC(tkwin, valueMask, valuePtr) Tk_FreeGC(display, gc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the graphics context will be used. unsigned long valueMask (in) Mask of bits (such as GCForeground or GCStipple) indicating which fields of *valuePtr are valid. XGCValues *valuePtr (in) Pointer to structure describing the desired values for the graphics context. Display *display (in) Display for which gc was allocated. GC gc (in) X identifier for graphics context that is no longer needed. Must have been allocated by Tk_GetGC. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetGC and Tk_FreeGC manage a collection of graphics contexts being used by an application. The procedures allow graphics contexts to be shared, thereby avoiding the server overhead that would be incurred if a separate GC were created for each use. Tk_GetGC takes arguments describing the desired graphics context and returns an X identifier for a GC that fits the description. The graphics context that is returned will have default values in all of the fields not specified explicitly by valueMask and valuePtr. Tk_GetGC maintains a database of all the graphics contexts it has created. Whenever possible, a call to Tk_GetGC will return an existing graphics context rather than creating a new one. This approach can substantially reduce server overhead, so Tk_GetGC should generally be used in preference to the Xlib procedure XCreateGC, which creates a new graphics context on each call. Since the return values of Tk_GetGC are shared, callers should never modify the graphics contexts returned by Tk_GetGC. If a graphics con- text must be modified dynamically, then it should be created by calling XCreateGC instead of Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer needed, Tk_FreeGC should be called to release it. There should be exactly one call to Tk_FreeGC for each call to Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer in use anywhere (i.e. it has been freed as many times as it has been gotten) Tk_FreeGC will release it to the X server and delete it from the database. KEYWORDS
graphics context Tk Tk_GetGC(3)