Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk decimal point numbers matching Post 302854025 by vgersh99 on Monday 16th of September 2013 03:07:54 PM
Old 09-16-2013
end of record/line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with floating point numbers in awk

hi all, i have the following problem using awk in a script i want to read the values from a column with real numbers and calculate the mean.the problem is that when i use a statement such as this num = $4 i cant find a way to convert the variable from string to floating point to perform... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagias
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of decimal point?

Hi, I have input with decimal point ( 9.99 ) for hours variable hrs. I need to change it to seconds. Here is my code: secs=`/usr/ucb/echo $hrs*3600 |bc` But I don't want to see the decimal point. I can use awk to trim it if there is one. I am just wondering if there is better standard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a decimal point

Hi all. Using /bin/sh on an HPUX system. I want to place a decimal in the field 2 charactors from the right (yes, converting to currency). The field lengths are variable. Here's what I'm doing: exec < filename while read FIELD1 FIELD2 do FIELD1="echo $FIELD1 | sed 'syntax that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two numbers with decimal point

How to compare two numbers with decimal points ? Is there a way in bash to do this? (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
33 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert decimal point for numbers

Hi In Unix, I have a file with some numbers like : 45600 12345 I want to insert a decimal point for these numbers based on user input. If the input is 2, the numbers should be changed to 456.00 123.45 If the input is 3, the numbers should be changed to 45.600 12.345 Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdivu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching Numbers in Bash/AWK

Hi, I need to match up some numbers in one file to the closest numbers in other file and produce an output file. File one (f1.txt) is laid out like this PCode Lon Lat AB10 1AA 57.148235 -2.096648 BB2 3JD 53.728563 -2.47852 LU4 9ET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ian_gooch
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to strip out decimal point and trailing integers

Hey guys, I've got an awk string that does a simple calculation which works well. However, I'd really like to be able to strip the decimal point and the trailing ints from it - any ideas on how I'd change the awk string to be able to do that ? I've changed it countless times and each time it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for decimal point and add it at the end if its not there using awk/perl

I have test.dat file with values given below: 20150202,abc,,,,3625.300000,,,,,-5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,def,,,,32.585,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,xyz,,,,12,,,,,0.004167,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My expected output is shown below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving decimal point in a series of numbers

Hi, i need to move the decimal point from a file listing some numbers like this : 49899.50 49914.55 49894.48 49939.65 49879.44 49919.57 49934.62 49944.67 49954.72 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Board27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decimal numbers and letters in the same collums: round numbers

Hi! I found and then adapt the code for my pipeline... awk -F"," -vOFS="," '{printf "%0.2f %0.f\n",$2,$4}' xxx > yyy I add -F"," -vOFS="," (for input and output as csv file) and I change the columns and the number of decimal... It works but I have also some problems... here my columns ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
RLAM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   RLAM(1)

NAME
rlam - laminate records from multiple files SYNOPSIS
rlam [ -tS ][ -u ][ -iaN | -ifN | -idN | -iiN | -iwN | -ibN ] input1 input2 .. DESCRIPTION
Rlam simply joins records (or lines) from multiple inputs, separating them with the given string (TAB by default). Different separators may be given for different files by specifying additional -t options in between each file name. Note that there is no space between this option and its argument. If none of the input files uses an ASCII separator, then no end-of-line character will be printed, either. An input is either a stream or a command. Commands are given in quotes, and begin with an exclamantion point ('!'). If the inputs do not have the same number of lines, then shorter files will stop contributing to the output as they run out. The -ia option may be used to specify ASCII input (the default), or the -if option may be used to indicated binary IEEE 32-bit floats on input. Similarly, the -id and -ii options may be used to indicate binary 64-bit doubles or integer words, respectively. The -iw option specifies 2-byte short words, and the -ib option specifies bytes. If a number is immediately follows any of these options, then it indi- cates that multiple such values are expected for each record. For example, -if3 indicates three floats per input record for the next named input. In the case of the -ia option, no number indicates one line per input record, and numbers greater than zero indicate that many characters exactly per record. For binary input formts, no number implies one value per record. For anything other than EOL-separated input, the default tab separator is reset to the empty string. A hyphen ('-') by itself can be used to indicate the standard input, and may appear multiple times. The -u option forces output after each record (i.e., one run through inputs). EXAMPLE
To join files output1 and output2, separated by a comma: rlam -t, output1 output2 To join a file with line numbers (starting at 0) and its reverse: cnt `wc -l < lam.c` | rlam - -t: lam.c -t '!tail -r lam.c' To join four data files, each having three doubles per record: rlam -id3 file1.dbl file2.dbl file3.dbl file4.dbl > combined.dbl AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), histo(1), neaten(1), rcalc(1), tabfunc(1), total(1) RADIANCE
7/8/97 RLAM(1)