Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Copy Files for every 15 Minutes Post 302853657 by Upendra Bestha on Sunday 15th of September 2013 03:06:35 PM
Old 09-15-2013
Copy Files for every 15 Minutes

Hi All;

I am trying to write the UNIX code for below requirement;

1) Copy a existing file for every minutes. File name should be appended with the file stamp.

2) When the file count reaches 10, the 11th file should over write the first created file and continues to copy the Source file for every minutes. All the time, there should be 10 copies only.

3) Repeat steps 2 & 3.

Please provide your inputs how to achieve this.

Thanks
Upendra.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding files only minutes old?

I have files that are being created in a directory constantly. I want to be able write a script that would check this directory every 15 minutes and copy only the files that were newer than the files that were copied the previous 15 minutes. On linux, I found this to be as easy as running the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

files older than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files onder than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files which are <n> minutes old

Hi, i want to find certain files which are more than <n> minutes old,i have the command to find the files say <n> days old(as below) but not in terms of minutes. find . -name "14*.000" -type f -mtime +1 Is there any way to find this? Regards, Cherry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cherryven75
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files Deletion After 20 Minutes

Hi, everyone. Could you help me with deletion of files, which are 20 minutes old. I found out how to make deletion for files in that way : find <dir> -mtime n -exec rm -rf "{}" Could you offer your suggestions. Many thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KReoN
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

files older than 10 minutes

Hi, I have to find the files older than 10 minutes and remove those files as well as redirect the file names into a log file. i am using sun OS and my unix is not GNU and also not having perl. Could any one suggest me the way to approach. It would be great if script is provided. Also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
efi_cp(1M)																efi_cp(1M)

NAME
efi_cp - copy to or from EFI file SYNOPSIS
devicefile] file1 file2 devicefile] file1 [file2]... dest-directory devicefile] file_or_dir1 [file_or_dir2]... dest-directory DESCRIPTION
copies files between HP-UX and EFI file systems. The EFI file system is based on the FAT file system and used by the Itanium-based system BIOS to locate an HP-UX bootloader. See efi(4). Without the option, copies from an HP-UX file system to the EFI volume specified by devicefile; in this case, the destination should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by devicefile. Use the option to copy from an EFI file system to an HP-UX file system; with the option, only a single regular file may be copied at a time. With two arguments: o If file2 does not exist, creates it and copies the contents of file1 into file2. o If file2 exists and is a regular file, deletes the the contents of file2 and copies the contents of file1 into file2. o If file2 exists and is a directory, creates a copy of file1 in that directory. With more than two arguments, the final argument must be an existing directory. If any of the other arguments is a directory, you must use the option, which specifies that the source directory and the subtree rooted there are to be copied to the destination directory. Options Options can be used singly or combined in any order before the file names. The space between option and argument is optional. devicefile is the device special file of the EFI file system to be copied. Without the option, uses the device file specified in the environment variable if it is defined. The option overrides the environment variable. Recursively copy the subtree rooted at each source directory to the destination directory. Copy file1 from an EFI volume to file2 in HP-UX file system. file1 should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by devicefile, not to an HP-UX file system. With the option, only a single regular file may be copied at a time. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 if the copy is successful. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
All the following examples copy to or from the EFI file system on device Copy into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device: Copy all files in current directory into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device Copy into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device and rename it Copy into the EFI boot directory of the EFI file system on the specified device: Copy into of the EFI file system on the device specified in the environment variable and rename it to Copy from the EFI file system on the specified device into the current HP-UX directory: Using a persistent device special file (dsf) copy from the EFI file system on the specified device into the current HP-UX directory (see intro(7)): AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
efi_fsinit(1M), efi_ls(1M), efi_mkdir(1M), efi_rm(1M), efi_rmdir(1M), efi(4), intro(7). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only efi_cp(1M)