Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display no. of iterations
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display no. of iterations Post 302853559 by suresh3566 on Sunday 15th of September 2013 09:34:17 AM
Old 09-15-2013
Debian Display no. of iterations

Hello..

I have a input file as follows

Code:
123,sl
345,ab
345,cd
123,qw
123,lk

I want output file as follows.. --> print the no. of iterations at the end of each row.

Code:
123,sl 1
123.qw 2
123,lk 3
345,ab 1
345,cd 2

Thanks
Suresh

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-15-2013 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

X Display

I have an application that I run remotely, before I start the app, i have to export the display using the DISPLAY=x.x.x.x; export DISPLAY command now, i have just put a crt monitor on this box, and i try to run the same command, for the display variable, i have used the machines own IP address,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop iterations

I have a silly beginners question here: I'm running a for loop within an awk command as follows, however the loop only runs once, instead of 2 through to 11 and then terminating. As the output to screen of x (line 6) shows x to equal 12, when it should be 1. --------------------------- awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop scp transfers check if all iterations successful

All, I am using a for loop to SCP a bunch of files in a directory. I am having it then drop a .ready file name. Is there a way to check for the success of all iterations and then email upon fail or success? Example of part of my script: for file in $ORIGLOC/* do ] &&... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process getting terminated after sleep iterations

Hello All, I have a script which has a functionality to sleep for 300 seconds after it does some processing, so in the logs if i check after the 3 iteration of sleep it didn't write saying "sleeping for 300 seconds". I suspect putty would automatically terminate session as i cannot access it any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read several files and track "wc -l" Every 1min X 4 Iterations

I need help with these requirement: I have a FILE1, single column with list of filenames (about 30-150). I need to read each line from FILE1, do a word-count-lines of the filenames and echo a message if word-count-lines is same for 1minute X 4 iterations Example and idea below: FILE1:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append into single file for multiple iterations

hi, i want to capture the CPU performance, memory , harddisk usage into a single file for every 10 seconds iterations and it shall run until i kill it. can somebody plz help me in this... thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bskumar4u
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store 'for' loop iterations in memory

hi all, I'm writting a simple bash script to do a recursive paste over >10000 files with two columns each. The files looks like this: A1BG 3 A1CF 3 A2M 3 A4GALT 5 AAAS 2 AACS 2 AADAT 2 AAGAB 4 AAK1 3 AAMP 2 AANAT 3 AARS 2 AARS2 3 AARSD1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsantome
1 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_010(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_010(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_010 - compute check digits AHV number (CH) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $ahv = CheckDigits('ahv_ch'); if ($ahv->is_valid('123.45.678.113')) { # do something } $cn = $ahv->complete('123.45.678.11'); # $cn = '123.45.678.113' $cd = $ahv->checkdigit('123.45.678.113'); # $cd = '3' $bn = $ahv->basenumber('123.45.678.113'); # $bn = '123.45.678.11'; DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Beginning left every digit is weighted with 5,4,3,2,7,6,5,4,3,2. 2. The weighted digits are added. 3. The sum from step 2 is taken modulo 11. 4. The checkdigit is 11 minus the sum from step 3. Is the difference 10, the number won't be taken. If the difference is 11, the checkdigit is 0. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and hyphens and the two digits in the middle are valid check digits according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and inserted into the middle of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits, hyphens and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the check digits of $number if $number has valid check digits. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de, perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_010(3pm)