Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for creating users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script for creating users Post 302853041 by Rahulne25 on Friday 13th of September 2013 04:19:42 AM
Old 09-13-2013
Hi,

I user RHEL5 machine and client servers also the same we connect the clinets thorugh ssh port singleuser wants to be created in multiple machines...
I like to use bash script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Users!!!!

Can any body show me how to create users......... Thnx.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocpguy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

creating users

hi, can any one help in how to get the numeric user id through useradd command ?? or any other command for the same?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - creating users

echo -e "Enter in a username : \c" read username grep "^$username:" /etc/passwdWhat I'm trying to do is take in a username from my script and I need to be able to check if that username already exists. If it does the script should display a message saying that the user already exists and exit. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
2 Replies

4. BSD

Creating an array out of users: shell script

I want to create a shell script for a menu selection consisting of users defined on the machine. To an administrator having the privileges, the selection menu will look as follows: Select the user you want to define the variables for: 1) my-username-1 2) my-username-2 etc Then there would be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in bash wchich creating a new users...

Hi, I am a new on this forum but i like :) I need a script in bash which will be crating a new user with folder for websites. For example: I will run this program and he creating a new user(with my name) and folder whcich name like user and if i will localho/~user in browser, she show me files from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puclavv
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script on creating and comparing users

Hello Everybody i am a newbie to the bash scripting.please can someone help me out here.i want to write a script on creating 10 users with passwords and comparing the users to the ones in /etc/passwd file.am i gonna use arrays in creating the 10 users or what?and again, how do i compare both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruno_brunt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new users using a text file as imput (using only shell script and/or awk)

I need somebody who could help with an exercise. You have a text file called users.txt with this info inside: users.txt: user1:1234:/home/homedir1 ; user2:1234:/home/homedir2 ; user3:1234:/home/homedir3 ; user4:1234:/home/homedir4 ; The script should create an user using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcosruiz
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Script for Creating more users like 50 in one server

Hi friends could you please share me the script to create more users in one server except newusers, is there any option to change secondary group and how to print passwd and changing the age all these things how can i edit in newsers.. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiankrish
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating multiple users with password

for UserName in `cat users` ; do useradd -d /u02 -s /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -G ftp-users $UserName ; PassWord=$( echo $( tr '' '' <<< ${UserName:0:1} )${UserName:1} ) ; echo "$PassWord@123" | passwd $UserName --stdin ; done can some one explain what the bold text do Please use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Creating a group of users with script

Hi, I have a file with usernames, and the comment section, e.g : Data removed by request of sanchitadutta91, 20 May 2020 I need to add these users into a server. Is it possible to use a script to create the users, together with the comment ? From the commandline to add one user, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-file-users, list-file-users - lists the file users SYNOPSIS
list-file-users --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--authrealmname auth_realm_name] DESCRIPTION
Lists all the file users. If the auth_realm_name is not specified, an entry is created in the default keyfile. If auth_realm_name is speci- fied, an entry is created in the keyfile where the auth-realm name in the domain.xml file points to.This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --authrealmname name, in the domain.xml file, where you have different stores for file auth realm. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the list-file-users command asadmin> list-file-users --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 --authrealmname auth-realm1 Command list-file-user executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-file-user(1AS), asadmin-update-file-user(1AS), asadmin-create-file-user(1AS), asadmin-list-file-groups(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)