Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to login after patching Post 302852889 by in2nix4life on Thursday 12th of September 2013 02:47:11 PM
Old 09-12-2013
Have you checked the /var/log/secure log for errors?

Also, I've had users that like to add various options and/or configurations to their startup files (.bash_profile, .profile, etc.), that sometimes causes issues when attempting to ssh to the box. Perhaps try renaming these files and see if they can log in afterwards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login HELP!!!

Hi, I have installed for the first time sun solaris on my pc and I am trying to learn unix. I created a new user using the following steps: -create a new group : groupadd work -created a new user: useradd -g work -d /export/home -s /usr/bin/ksh gbruno (i checked the path of the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulianob
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi Admin/Moderator, I am unable to login with my user id "chanakyahere", even it is not accepting my mail id to which i got one reply aso.. it is saying that i suppied "mail id that is not recognised".. please look forward regarding this problem.. i joined on last saturday i.e on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Unable to Login

Was OK on AIX5.2. Have installed AIX 5.3 ML02 and now only root can log in. Other users get "You are not allowed to login at this time." Once in as root, it's possible to su or 'su -' to other users. All user parameters are OK. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinthegoat
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh login issue after patching

Hi Everybody, Recently i applied patch cluster dated (2009.11.03) for solaris 10 sparc machine(Generic_138888-06) I successfully applied and rebooted the machine , no errors received. But after patching it was not allowing me to login through ssh while telnet was working fine.Logs showed me ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login

Hi, I am doing Active Directory(Win 2008) and UNIX(Solaris 10) integration. I was unable to create home directory for the Active Directory users on the first login. So i added other session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0022 to pam.conf in /etc/pam.conf. But now I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
2 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to login Solaris 10

I have inherited a solaris 10 server. I went to log into it the other day over the console connection, and after sucessfully entering the password, I was booted back to the login prompt with no errors visible. If I enter an incorect password, the console displays 'incorrect password' and kicks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Live Upgrade Patching Error: Unable to write vtoc

Attempting to patch several servers using live upgrade Release: Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 Error I'm receiving is in the message in the log below tail -15 /var/svc/log/rc6.log Legacy init script "/etc/rc0.d/K50pppd" exited with return code 0. Executing legacy init... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
5 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi, It has been a while since I logged into Unix.com and I have forgotten my userID and password. Please help. Thanks, Ananth. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Unable to see my threads when i login

Hello, Is there a way to display all of the posts I have authored? Many thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login with any user

Hi Please I need help on trying to login on a solaris 10, blade server. login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: I even try a normal user, I do not get the prompt. I suspect the reason could be that /varis at 98% because I have configure email alerts to warn me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies
Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)

NAME
Device::Modem::Log::File - Text files logging plugin for Device::Modem class SYNOPSIS
use Device::Modem; my $box = Device::Modem->new( log => 'file', ... ); my $box = Device::Modem->new( log => 'file,name=/var/log/mymodem.log', ... ); ... DESCRIPTION
This is meant for an example log class to be hooked to "Device::Modem" to provide one's favourite logging mechanism. You just have to implement your own "new()", "write()" and "close()" methods. Default text file is "/var/log/modem.log". On Windows platforms, this goes into "%WINBOOTDIR%/temp/modem.log". By default, if the folder of the log file does not exist, it is created. This class is loaded automatically by "Device::Modem" class when an object is instantiated, and it is the default logging mechanism for "Device::Modem" class. Normally, you should not need to use this class directly, because there are many other zillions of modules that do logging better than this. Also, it should be pondered whether to replace "Device::Modem::Log::File" and mates with those better classes in a somewhat distant future. REQUIRES Device::Modem EXPORTS None AUTHOR
Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
(C) 2002 Cosimo Streppone, <cosimo@cpan.org> This library is free software; you can only redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Device::Modem Device::Modem::Log::Syslog perl v5.8.8 2005-04-30 Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)