Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours Post 302852683 by jgt on Thursday 12th of September 2013 07:03:33 AM
Old 09-12-2013
Then install the GNU Utilities.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command/s to find files older than 2 hours in a directory

I need to write a script to find files older than 2 hours in set of direcotries and list them ina mail. I know find command ti list files greater/lesser than days but i need to do it for hours. Any input. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Presanna
6 Replies

2. AIX

how to find files older than 2 hours

I need help to find files in a directory that are older than 2 hours. Any help would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pt14
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files from the past 7 days

Hi All, I have a file which contains the listing of another directory: >cat list.dat -rwxr-xr-x 1 test staff 10240 Oct 02 06:53 test.txtdd -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 0 Oct 04 07:22 test.txx -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 132 Sep 16 2007 test_tt.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help - Find command with list of files modified descending Order

Hi, I would like to know the command to get the files order in descending order with "FIND" command. Appreciate your help Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files by hours old?

I need to be able to do the following: Find files in multiple directories that are 6 hours older than the current time? I am using KSH I tried mmtime but it was not a valid option Any help would be great. Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 8 hours

I need a script to find files older than 8 hours... I know i can use mmin but the same is not working...the same only support mtime... This is the script i created..but the same is only giving 1 hour old..as I have given dt_H as 1 only...but if i give 8..it can go in -(negative)..how to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

list of files modified 10 hours ago using grep

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is the question: Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
uuclean(1M)															       uuclean(1M)

NAME
uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
[options] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those that are older than the specified number of hours. Options recognizes the following options: Clean directory instead of the spool directory. If directory is not a valid spool directory, it cannot contain ``work files''; i.e., files whose names start with These files have special meaning to pertaining to job statistics. Scan for files with pre as the file prefix. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. A without any pre following will cause all files older than the specified time to be deleted. Files whose age is more than time hours are deleted if the prefix test is satisfied (default time is 72 hours). The default action for is to remove files that are older than a specified time (see option). The option is used to find files older than time hours; however, the files are not deleted. If the argument file is present the warning is placed in file; oth- erwise, the warnings go to the standard output. Only files destined for system sys are examined. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. The option sends mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted. If a file is specified, an entry is placed in file. This program is typically started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uucleanup(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuclean(1M)