Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dispaying output in tabular form Post 302852553 by Vivekit82 on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 06:22:24 PM
Old 09-11-2013
Dispaying output in tabular form

hi,

I have a script which is dispaying the output as below:

Code:

Column 3:value1
Column 4:value 4
column 8:value 8
column 9:value 9
column 13:value 13
Column 3:value10
Column 4:value 40
column 8:value 80
column 9:value 90
column 13:value 103

However,I need the output in tabular form as below
Code:

column 1 column 4 column 8 column 9 column 13
value 1 value4 value 8 value 9 value 13
value 10 value40 value 80 value 90 value 103

I am using below awk command for the above output but it is not coming in tabular form:

Code:
awk -F, '($13=="") {print "error"; exit 1}
(NR==1){h3=$3;h4=$4;h8=$8;h9=$9;h13=$13;next}
 (NF>1){print h3": "$3"\n"h4": "$4"\n"h8": "$8"\n"h9": "$9"\n"h13": "$13}
' $IFILE>>$OFILE

Last edited by Scott; 09-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Code tags for code too!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabular form in shell script

hi, I need to mention the data in tabular form in shell script. :confused: Input as below: Health check (heading1) CPU/Memory Utilization of pc on server (h2) 1214 of rpc3 is exceeds 0.3 % (data) CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on 2673 CPU Utilization is normal for rpc/33 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment dispaying in different format.

Hi friends, I have file1.txt where i am sending this file as attatment in mail using below code uuencode file1.txt file1.txt | mail -s 'TestFile' test@test.com but the format of the file is changing when i open in attachement. file1.txt in unix 1|hyd|nag 2|jun|kin ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies
Alzabo::Create::Index(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Alzabo::Create::Index(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Create::Index - Index objects for schema creation SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Create::Index; DESCRIPTION
This object represents an index on a table. Indexes consist of columns and optional prefixes for each column. The prefix specifies how many characters of the columns should be indexes (the first X chars). Some RDBMS's do not have a concept of index prefixes. Not all col- umn types are likely to allow prefixes though this depends on the RDBMS. The order of the columns is significant. INHERITS FROM
"Alzabo::Index" Note: all relevant documentation from the superclass has been merged into this document. METHODS
new The constructor takes the following parameters: * table => "Alzabo::Create::Table" object The table that this index is indexing. * columns => [ "Alzabo::Create::Column" object, .. ] * columns => [ { column => "Alzabo::Create::Column" object, prefix => $prefix }, repeat as needed ... ] This parameter indicates which columns that are being indexed. It can either be an array reference of column objects, or an array ref- erence of hash references, each with a key called column and one called prefix. The prefix key is optional. * unique => $boolean Indicates whether or not this is a unique index. * fulltext => $boolean Indicates whether or not this is a fulltext index. * function => $string This can be used to create a function index where supported. The value of this parameter should be the full function, with column names, such as "LCASE( username )". The "columns" parameter should include all the columns used in the function. Returns a new "Alzabo::Create::Index" object. Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params", "Alzabo::Exception::RDBMSRules" table Returns the "Alzabo::Create::Table" object to which the index belongs. columns Returns an ordered list of the "Alzabo::Create::Column" objects that are being indexed. add_column Adds a column to the index. This method takes the following parameters: * column => "Alzabo::Create::Column" object * prefix => $prefix (optional) Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params", "Alzabo::Exception::RDBMSRules" delete_column ("Alzabo::Create::Column" object) Deletes the given column from the index. Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params", "Alzabo::Exception::RDBMSRules" prefix ("Alzabo::Create::Column" object) A column prefix is, to the best of my knowledge, a MySQL specific concept, and as such cannot be set when using an RDBMSRules module for a different RDBMS. However, it is important enough for MySQL to have the functionality be present. It allows you to specify that the index should only look at a certain portion of a field (the first N characters). This prefix is required to index any sort of BLOB column in MySQL. This method returns the prefix for the column in the index. If there is no prefix for this column in the index, then it returns undef. set_prefix This method takes the following parameters: * column => "Alzabo::Create::Column" object * prefix => $prefix Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params", "Alzabo::Exception::RDBMSRules" unique Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a unique index. set_unique ($boolean) Sets whether or not the index is a unique index. fulltext Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a fulltext index. set_fulltext ($boolean) Set whether or not the index is a fulltext index. Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params", "Alzabo::Exception::RDBMSRules" register_column_name_change This method takes the following parameters: * column => "Alzabo::Create::Column" object The column (with the new name already set). * old_name => $old_name This method is called by the table object which owns the index when a column name changes. You should never need to call this yourself. Throws: "Alzabo::Exception::Params" id The id is generated from the table, column and prefix information for the index. This is useful as a canonical name for a hash key, for example. Returns a string that is the id which uniquely identifies the index in this schema. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Create::Index(3pm)